• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ortega and Guimond tutorial docs.(2x2x2)

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
If you'd like to take them out of proprietary Microsloth format and publish them in HTML, I can give you space on my server.

I like the way you've diagrammed the PLL, I think it's easier to understand than the isomorphic diagrams on the site I was using.

Last edited:

martijn_cube

WCA
2007BAKK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok i will try to do that. i now have saved the files as webpage (htm) is that enough?
yeah at first i didn't understand the PLL's as on Erik's site. but i saw the PLL's like this on another site. so i made the pictures like this.

should i mail you the htm files?

Last edited:

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
ok i will try to do that. i now have saved the files as webpage (htm) is that enough?
yeah at first i didn't understand the PLL's as on Erik's site. but i saw the PLL's like this on another site. so i made the pictures like this.

should i mail you the htm files?
I'll PM you in the morning with a login. I can register a domain for you if you come up with something that you like and is available, otherwise I can just give you a URL that would look like "http://www.brunson.com/martijn" or whatever you like.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
i dont understand ortega do u permute the first layer straight after u have one colour right?
The Ortega method's first step is solving one side of the cube. The pieces do not have to be permuted correctly.

Then you solve, or orient the opposite side. It does not have to be permuted correctly.

The last step is permuting the entire cube.

Statical

YouTube
Visit Channel
i dont understand ortega do u permute the first layer straight after u have one colour right?
The Ortega method's first step is solving one side of the cube. The pieces do not have to be permuted correctly.

Then you solve, or orient the opposite side. It does not have to be permuted correctly.

ok i oriented the whole thing but i cant figure out which sides are right and which are wrong so i dont know which cube to permute. so wad am i finding for to permute?

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

ok i oriented the whole thing but i cant figure out which sides are right and which are wrong so i dont know which cube to permute. so wad am i finding for to permute?
Which side is right and which side is wrong? What? After you orient the top side, then you are ready to move onto the permuting step.

Which cube to permute? You are solving more than one cube with the Ortega Method? What? You permute both faces that you have oriented, a.k.a. the entire cube.

If you really don't understand, watch a video tutorial on YouTube.

E

Ethan Rosen

Well first of all ortega shouldn't take more then one cube, so you should be permutating the cube in your hand. Second, I suggest you look at the alg diagrams and you should see what you need to do.