• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] One-Handed Solving Discussion

Calode

WCA
2016HOOV01
Been getting into OH and have dropped my ao1000 sub 26 while my ao100 sits around 24-25.

While I've been steadily improving, I'm still been having a huge problem with my fingers sliding off the center cap and instead of doing R moves, I end up doing wide R moves. Could it perhaps be that I'm using too large of a cube (55.5mm valk) and I should try using a 50mm or 54.5mm? Or do I just need to do some exercise to stretch my fingers more so they don't slide.

And I'm also having problems doing F moves well. Are there any other good resources besides Antoine's video on F moves and the like?

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
since you already mid 20, i'm assuming this Rw problem doesn't happen often, most of the time you do it correctly. it's probably something you can fix without get a new cube by developing finger strength and paying more attention to keeping the thumb on the center.

F moves i suck at. i guess it's about finding what is easiest for you and practicing it a lot.

CubingGenius

I know how to turn the cube with OH, but what kind of things should I practice to be able to turn more fluently?

SenorJuan

"but what kind of things should I practice to be able to turn more fluently?"
It does take a long time to get good, so just solving will gradually work, but it's worth specifically practicing small moves that you will be doing a lot of in your solves: F2L pair insertions, all 3 basic types, from all the angles you intend using. y, y', z, z' rotations.

You didn't state your method - I'm assuming CFOP, feel free to go into more detail if needed.

Last edited:
M

Malkom

How to you turn RUD fluidly? I watched "How to get fast" but i dont understand how to turn RUD without a big pause and a regrip

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to you turn RUD fluidly? I watched "How to get fast" but i dont understand how to turn RUD without a big pause and a regrip

Of course it always depends on the alg, but generally you will need a lot of regrips for RUD and RUL. However, z rotations (which is where you regrip) can be executed really fast.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am wondering: Roux is a beast of its own OH, but which is better OH, CFOP or ZZ? This is assuming no Color neutrality at all...
inb4 epic method debate

This really just depends on your turning style. Many people claim that roux sucks for OH. I personally can't table abuse M moves nor rotate very fast, which is why I use ZZ.

I think, generally, people see ZZ > CFOP > Roux.

Again, this all depends on your turning style and dexterity. This is not something that can be straight out answered.

D

Daniel Lin

This really just depends on your turning style. Many people claim that roux sucks for OH. I personally can't table abuse M moves nor rotate very fast, which is why I use ZZ.
I used to suck at M moves but I've gotten better at them from practicing. I like roux because SB is fast (R, r, U), CMLL algs are pretty nice, and LSE is 2-gen. Definitely better than CFOP, since movecount is lower, which is important for OH

I don't really do ZZ anymore, but it's probably just as good