• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Software Question Thread

Duncan Bannon

I'm having trouble with cstimer. At first, every time I x'ed out of cstimer and went back on, everything would restart. It would lose all my times and go back to the original color. Now, every time I open a new session, the session disappears. Can I do anything to resolve this problem? Should I use a different timer?

I think you have to be signed into a google account.
csTimer is down on my wifi and can't find any good online timers. I need to have inspection and at least 10 nameable sessions. prisma timer wont download right.

When CS is down I use https://www.jflei.com/tnt/

I've been having trouble connecting my Yuxin Gen-3 Timer to CSTimer. CSTimer seems to be stuck on --.-- and my yuxin timer is going bezerk. The lights keep flickering and the display keeps cancelling out randomly, despite me getting all the right cords (3.5mm to 3.5mm audio & 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter). Could anyone offer advice or a solution?
Many Thanks,
Shadow Cuber

Look at this thread https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...onnecting-a-stackmat-timer-to-computer.27302/

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I have a quick question regarding cstimer and that is: Unless I use cstimer.net/old3/ I am unable to open a new session without my times from a previous session being combined into all sessions, (meaning, if I just do an average of five in session 1, and I then want to switch to sessions 2 for a different event, my times from session 1 are combined all together and I have no way of keeping them separate). Here is the link that is giving me trouble: https://cstimer.net/
Also, every time I close the cstimer page or window, none of my times are saved. Is there any way for me to fix that?

Thank you very much on advance for your time and help.

MiaSponseller

WCA
2017SPON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I usually create a new session each day for a puzzle when I do it. For example, today I created a session called 3.3.18 3x3. And I did all my 3x3 solves in that session. Yesterday I had a session that was called 3.2.18 3x3. Each day I create a new session with the date and puzzle type. Should I keep doing this or should I just do everything on one session so I can do averages of 1000+?

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just do whatever you want to do. I would only use 1 session per puzzle to not clutter it up, and if I want to remember a date, just write it down somewhere.

RGFcub3d

I'm looking for a timer that has scrambles for OLL and PLL trining. Also that it lets me customize the algorithms that I use.

Thom S.

I'm looking for a timer that has scrambles for OLL and PLL training. Also that it lets me customize the algorithms that I use.

I'd download the source code of Tao's trainer and change the algorithms to the ones I use

adimare

WCA
2011MARE02
Does anyone know of an android app that generates scrambles and provides a visualization of what the cube should look like after the scramble is applied?

I mostly practice BLD and I like to make sure I got the scramble right before I start solving (in case I DNF and want to retry the scramble to figure out what I did wrong).

I looked for awhile and could only find one timer with that feature called Cube Timer & Scrambler LITE. It's not random state tho, and sometimes produces nonsense scrambles like R L R' L' U2 D U' ...

Sue Doenim

I'm a fan of TwistyTimer. It works nicely. This picture shows the screen after clicking on the scramble drawing to make it bigger.Screenshot_2018-05-29-06-12-01.png

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for a timer that has scrambles for OLL and PLL trining. Also that it lets me customize the algorithms that I use.

I'd download the source code of Tao's trainer and change the algorithms to the ones I use

If you click the "Use user defined algset" checkbox on my trainer, there is a box where you can just paste a bunch of algorithms, and it will train you on all of them. You just need to put one algorithm per line.

It's admittedly a bit rudimentary, but it's easier than editing the source code.

I'd like to make it easier to add custom algs to my trainer someday, but it's just a lot of work and not really a priority for me right now. I also want to see how Jabari's algdb based alg trainer turns out first, since it sounds like it will be better than my trainer in many aspects.

Thermex

I've been generating 2x2 algorithms over the past couple weeks for a 2x2 method I've been working on, but recently hit a snag. As most people have, I've generated all of my algs so far on CubeExplorer by emptying the edges and then using the corners. However, I'm now realizing some of the limitations of this system, as CubExplorer can never be a true 2x2 solver since it always attempts to solve the centers as well (which a 2x2 obviously doesn't have). Are there any good 2x2 solvers out there? I've searched for some, but I haven't found any super well-made ones that are simple enough for me to learn in a day or two. Anybody know of any?

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been generating 2x2 algorithms over the past couple weeks for a 2x2 method I've been working on, but recently hit a snag. As most people have, I've generated all of my algs so far on CubeExplorer by emptying the edges and then using the corners. However, I'm now realizing some of the limitations of this system, as CubExplorer can never be a true 2x2 solver since it always attempts to solve the centers as well (which a 2x2 obviously doesn't have). Are there any good 2x2 solvers out there? I've searched for some, but I haven't found any super well-made ones that are simple enough for me to learn in a day or two. Anybody know of any?
Ksolve is similar to cube explorer but it works for all events.