• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Lube Thread

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I find the cubelelo lubes to be very good.

I use Cubelelo Velocity and Cubelelo Swift lubes a lot. They are much cheaper than the DNM and other premium lubes available in the market.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
i just got Lunar and its wayy better than weight 3
Weight 3 is not a cubicle premium lube, it is supposed to be a cheaper basic silicone lube. Of course matrian is better. Get Lubicle Speedy or DNM37 and compare to that. Results will shock you

I find the cubelelo lubes to be very good.

I use Cubelelo Velocity and Cubelelo Swift lubes a lot. They are much cheaper than the DNM and other premium lubes available in the market.
I have tried Cubelelo Lube once at a comp, I put it in my clean MoFang Jiaoshi and it did not last long with meh preformance. Equivalent to SCS lube if not worse. It is cheap tho.

D

Deleted member 55877

Weight 3 is not a cubicle premium lube, it is supposed to be a cheaper basic silicone lube. Of course matrian is better. Get Lubicle Speedy or DNM37 and compare to that. Results will shock you
Cubicle weight 5 arguably is the most important lube, despite being cheap. Other lubes like DNM or Silk are useful as well but to the same extent

D

Deleted member 55877

any thoughts on using angstrom gravitas as spring lube? good idea? bad idea?
I don't have gravitas but from what I've heard it basically does the same thing as weight 5 / traxxas on the core, so you might as well use weight 5 / traxxas because it's cheaper

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have gravitas but from what I've heard it basically does the same thing as weight 5 / traxxas on the core, so you might as well use weight 5 / traxxas because it's cheaper
it's not the same consistency tho. gravitas sticks a lot more and is more like a gel than a thick liquid.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
for the core??
It's not worth it for the core, its not much better in the core compared to 50k, but if you really want something thats specially made for the core get lubicle black or maybe even some super heavy duty traxxas like 100k (the heavyest ive ever used is 50k and I'm not quite sure how much longer the super high weight diff oils like 100k or 500k last compared to 50k, so proceed with caution)

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm thinking of cleaning out my cube since it has gotten really dirty, and I don't have Weight 2 at the moment. Also, I would like to speed up my cube. But since Cubelelo doesn't have water-based lubes like DNM, I'm going to have to get third party. Which ones do you recommend? I'm thinking of QiYi M1. Are there any other options beside M1?

D

Deleted member 55877

I'm thinking of cleaning out my cube since it has gotten really dirty, and I don't have Weight 2 at the moment. Also, I would like to speed up my cube. But since Cubelelo doesn't have water-based lubes like DNM, I'm going to have to get third party. Which ones do you recommend? I'm thinking of QiYi M1. Are there any other options beside M1?
You don't need water-based lube to speed up a cube. Any low viscosity lubricant should do the trick.