• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Lube Thread

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
yes its crazy good but it leaks out a bit so you have to wipe it but then after like 3 hours it doesnt really leak anymore
if you overlube like i did it becomes crazy smooth but it leaks a bit, also it might get so smooth that it can also slip out your hands
if you dont its pretty good also
when you lube your cube make sure its inside and does not get to the pieces because theres oil there and it attracts dirty stuff.
If you did make a mistake and it gets dirty then clean out all the the dirty stuff and the lube and lube it again carefully
i just pour it on the core of the cubes and then wipe out the edges so it doesnt get anywhere there.
also when you wipe use wet tissues but not too wet, wet like baby wipes, because normal wipes dont really help take off all the dirt or oil.
and if you use too wet wipes your cube will probably break since putting water on a speedcube is gonna destroy the cube lol

also make sure to mix the ingredients well to ensure best experience
Sounds like you are making slime lol

ronaldg

Does someone know what the differrence is between these lubes?
The picture of the 1 bottlle is the same from different angle.
11d110fcae742c06ea96167218f1916a.jpg
a34aa661b4fd03da48e04e94f9c7bb84.jpg
62dd9abe14b153aed51108a7e28631ca.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HMA-L29 met Tapatalk
1edd781b819189a8d7d2c0822b346fec.jpg

Last edited:

Itsmafy

The first lube is a water base lube. It makes cubes really fast but the effect doesn't last long. I personally don't use this kind of lubes.

The other 2 are silicone lubes from dayan. I think the bottle with the colored letters has a higher density than the other one. They are fine I guess.

Last edited:

ronaldg

The first lube is a water base lube. It makes cubes really fast but the effect doesn't last long. I personally don't use this kind of lubes.

The other 2 are silicone lubes from dayan. I think the bottle with the colored letters has a higher density than the other one. They are fine I guess.
Thx for the explanation!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are they any good?

the z lubes arent the best, they last a little bit longer than maru, but still disinegrate within an hour.
I would reccomend DNM-37, as it lasts very long.
The silicone lubes are fine, but if you want your cube to be smoother and feel better, go with setups like DNM-37 and Angstrom Lube, which has alot of smoothness, while at the same time very fast. anyway like i said, you dont have to buy those, since silicone is just fine.

ronaldg

the z lubes arent the best, they last a little bit longer than maru, but still disinegrate within an hour.
I would reccomend DNM-37, as it lasts very long.
The silicone lubes are fine, but if you want your cube to be smoother and feel better, go with setups like DNM-37 and Angstrom Lube, which has alot of smoothness, while at the same time very fast. anyway like i said, you dont have to buy those, since silicone is just fine.
thx mate

D

Deleted member 54663

Is it just me or is DNM 37 leaving a residue on pieces?

DNF_Cuber

Disclaimer: It's very possible I've asked this before but am just extremely bad at remembering things

What's a good generic lube? Honestly I've never really done much to setup cubes, so some of my older cubes definitely could use some speeding up.
For generic I recommend a weighted silicone lube(I like scs weight 5 and cubicle weight 3) or traxxas differential oil

D

Deleted member 54663

Disclaimer: It's very possible I've asked this before but am just extremely bad at remembering things

What's a good generic lube? Honestly I've never really done much to setup cubes, so some of my older cubes definitely could use some speeding up.
Yes, I would suggest a silicone lube like weight 3 or 5, but I like silk too.

D

Deleted member 55877

The three lubes I use are cubicle weight 5, silk, and dnm-37. Once I tried cubicle lubes i realized SCS lube is garbage.
- Weight 5 is thick and gummy and has a nice silicone feel. Makes cubes a bit slower. Works best on core and tracks
- Silk is, well, silky. Makes cubes very smooth and quiet. Overall my favorite
- DNM-37 is very fast. Nothing too special, but I find myself using it a lot

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
is dnm 37 with angstrom dignitas and gravitas good for speeding up my 3x3, while also making it controllable? I like a smooth feeling that isnt gummy, and takes light to moderate effort to turn it. Also it should have a moderate speed, not too fast and not too slow.