• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OH Method Debate

Best OH Method

• CFOP

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • ZZ

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Petrus

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Roux

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • YruRu

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Hawaiian Kociemba

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • FreeFOP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • loer

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

mukerflap

But according to you if someone else does it then everyone else can just as well? Is that not what you meant in this post?

I have something for you my friend
View attachment 12246
Seriously, how have I been proven wrong on what topic?
no its a proof of concept that M moves are possible on 7x7 and you can turn decently fast with them. Everyone can do it if they have a good 7x7

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to be honest on my X Man Spark M M moves aren't that much of a problem for me. It's worse on my Shadow M, because the magnets aren't as strong (use code "MICAH" at speedcubing.org so I can get an MGC 6x6 :p )

Actually it is. The last 2 and a half pages are basically all about Roux for big cubes, when the topic is supposed to be about OH. And yes I know, I don't have to look at the thread, but trust me, I'm not doing this for myself. I want people to be able to have an on topic debate about OH methods without sifting through pages of off topic stuff.

sometimes, after debating for 14 pages about which method is best for OH, people run out of things to talk about that specific topic.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
sometimes, after debating for 14 pages about which method is best for OH, people run out of things to talk about that specific topic.
Especially when someone keeps on stating opinions as fact ignoring that we already came to the conclusion that there is no 1 best method for OH and it depends on the person and their skillset.

mukerflap

Especially when someone keeps on stating opinions as fact ignoring that we already came to the conclusion that there is no 1 best method for OH and it depends on the person and their skillset.
LBL is not worse than cfop all methods are equal

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

See, here's where this is different. I have objective proof that LBL is worse

CFOP is very similar in many ways to LBL, except it combines steps 2 & 3 into one step without compromising lookahead. For the last layer, it is finished in two algorithms instead of 4. CFOP is LBL except it's more efficient without compromising ergonomics or lookahead

You can't do that with Roux vs. CFOP

Last edited:

brododragon

Haha isn't that ironic? So how's the weather in virginia?
TRASH

alright that's an overstatement but it never snows and when it does it's in late spring so it melts in two seconds. But hey, we still get school off. You get used to all the bug bites are terrible humidity. One time, I slept outside on a cot and I kid you not I had Over a 100 bugbites.

Alright, back on topic
That's why ZZ is just as good as ZZ-a and you can get just as fast times with 8355 method.

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there any method that someone has gotten an OH 8.3 Ao5 on cam with?

Yep, that’s right, it’s the fatty sauce method! Excuse me- Roux. So we can conclude from this 8.3 Ao5 done OH that either Kian Mansour is a god solver, or Roux is a god OH method, or both.

This is the fastest OH Ao5 in the world by a landslide, right? Correct me if I’m wrong, I’d love to know about something even more incredible.
(Even if this isn’t, Kian was/is an amazing OH solver and Roux is an amazing OH method.)

Last edited:

mukerflap

Is there any method that someone has gotten an OH 8.3 Ao5 on cam with?

Yep, that’s right, it’s the fatty sauce method! Excuse me- Roux. So we can conclude from this 8.3 Ao5 done OH that either Kian Mansour is a god solver, or Roux is a god OH method, or both.

This is the fastest OH Ao5 in the world by a landslide, right? Correct me if I’m wrong, I’d love to know about something even more incredible.
(Even if this isn’t, Kian was/is an amazing OH solver and Roux is an amazing OH method.)
Iuri has an 8.8 ao5 on cam .. also with roux