• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OH Method Debate

Best OH Method

• CFOP

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • ZZ

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Petrus

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Roux

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • YruRu

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Hawaiian Kociemba

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • FreeFOP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • loer

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

brododragon

I use cfop, I’m too lazy to get as good with other methods, and I want to feel good about myself. I dislike (Insert Brody Here) lying to myself, but sometimes, I’ve just gotta do it.
Do you know what objective means? Also, wdym by (Insert Brody Here)?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
how is roux not viable for big cubes M slices are easy
1. Meyer is awful compared to redux and yau
2. No they are not, I have gotten many DNFS because of the MU U perms on 5x5.
3. CFOP and Petrus are much better for big cubes because they have close to no wide moves and are mostly RUF (ZZ is RUL) and thats much better then RrUM. Out of CFOP Petrus Roux and ZZ Roux is by far the worst for big cubes. Petrus and CFOP are viable for big cubes and ZZ to an extent but not roux.

mukerflap

also note that on this solve, kevin took 16 seconds on 3x3 stage, henry only took 15 with roux

mukerflap

so the fastest Roux 7x7 solve you could find was a 3:33? Also Kevin's solve was back before magnetic 7x7's were a thing and even if his was magnetic it was a flippin' HUANGLONG.
its because there arent many roux solvers that do 7x7. its just proof that m slices work on big cubes

here is the fastest roux solve on 7x7 (meyer)