• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

Joann Huang

@Joann Huang ?

Worst case, try for a refund maybe if you can’t fix it
Thanks a lot.Have a lovely day~:)@PetrusQuber

i messaged them about it but i have no reply. a refund or a replacement core would work.
Hi, this is Joann from GANcube.
Could you provide the following information to help me understand this issue?

1)Video/picture of this issue(video would be better)
2)Order ID and purchase Channel:

You could PM me if you do not wanna answer it in the public area.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Joann

Last edited:

TreyH

Does the new 3.0 version of Cube Station still have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times?

I’m ~30s and on the old app I got matched with players I was competitive with. It seemed to adjust—when I first got the GAN i cube, my times were closer to ~55s, and as I improved, my matches improved.

But in the new app, I can’t figure out how to get anything but random players—who might be <15s or might be >60s. (I actually have only once, out of six or seven tries, been matched with someone competitive.)

It makes multiplayer much less fun—if I’m winning I’m waiting a lot, if I’m losing I feel bad for making the other player wait a lot (and it’s not fun to lose badly 5-0).

Since the interface is so different, and so much is in Chinese, I hope that I may just be missing the place I need to tap to get matched competitively...

Last edited:

Joann Huang

Does the new 3.0 version of Cube Station still have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times?

I’m ~30s and on the old app I got matched with players I was competitive with. It seemed to adjust—when I first got the GAN i cube, my times were closer to ~55s, and as I improved, my matches improved.

But in the new app, I can’t figure out how to get anything but random players—who might be <15s or might be >60s. (I actually have only once, out of six or seven tries, been matched with someone competitive.)

It makes multiplayer much less fun—if I’m winning I’m waiting a lot, if I’m losing I feel bad for making the other player wait a lot (and it’s not fun to lose badly 5-0).

Since the interface is so different, and so much is in Chinese, I hope that I may just be missing the place I need to tap to get matched competitively...
Hi @TreyH, Thanks for your message. Yes, it does not have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times at this moment.
We could set up the Player(how many players in the match), enter (user's solve time<300s) ,Round(how many rounds in this match), and DNF( After how many seconds will DNF be displayed when someone solved)
1619494952072.png

We would release a competition on the cube station in May and it would have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times. Stay tuned~

Could you provide some pictures/screenshots of the Chinese? We would fix it as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Joann

branson_lau

my gan 356i cannot work normally, it misaligns every time I solve. I realize it is because my yellow face cannot turn properly, every other face is perfectly fine. The yellow face sometimes detects a 90 degree turn when I turn it 180 degrees. I removed the yellow face cube cover, got the nuts out and put them back in but it failed. what can I do?

Joann Huang

my gan 356i cannot work normally, it misaligns every time I solve. I realize it is because my yellow face cannot turn properly, every other face is perfectly fine. The yellow face sometimes detects a 90 degree turn when I turn it 180 degrees. I removed the yellow face cube cover, got the nuts out, and put them back in but it failed. what can I do?
Hi,@branson_lau
Could you provide the following information to help us fix it faster?
1)Date:
2)Video/Screenshot:
3)Purchase Channel & Order ID:
4)Your Cube: GAN 356i/i2?
5)Have you disassembled the cube or not?

Thanks in advance.

Bentley

I have a similar issue.

The only to so far to rectify it is to remove the battery and replace with either the same or a new one.

I've attached a link to a video to see the issue and "fix".

Joann Huang

I have a similar issue.

The only to so far to rectify it is to remove the battery and replace it with either the same or a new one.

I've attached a link to a video to see the issue and "fix it".

Hi, @Bentley, Sorry for the late reply due to the public holiday of Worker's day.May I know your purchase channel and your order ID?
Our engineer watched the video and make a conclusion that is recommended you replace a new CR1632 button battery.

Please contact me if there still have this issue and we would try our best to help you.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.Looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Joann

iBonhomme

iBonhomme :
Hi. Is it possible to fix cmll training ?
The app shows yellow up but request white up moves.
Thanks.

Joann Huang :
Hi , I already communicated with our tester about the CMLL training. The setting of CMLL training is white-up and yellow-down. We would fix it or add some instructions. Thanks for your feedback and have a nice day.

Still not fixed.

is it because it’s Roux and not CFOP ?

Last edited:

Joann Huang

Still not fixed.

is it because it’s Roux and not CFOP?

Yes, The engineer said that The setting of CMLL training is white-up and yellow-down. And we already try to fix it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a nice day.

Joann

YiG

I'm having the same issue as @Bentley and it is getting beyond a joke, I've had to take out the battery 4 times this morning already! I did notice when it arrived the cube was slightly wet with lube and the first time I had to take the battery out to reset it, the battery was slick with lube as well. Bought mine from XiYuan Store via aliexpress, order number 8130531757340232. By the way, I have tried 4 different batteries so far, all the correct specification and decent name brand batteries like duracell, energizer...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-094614_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20210521-094614_AliExpress.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Joann Huang

I'm having the same issue as @Bentley and it is getting beyond a joke, I've had to take out the battery 4 times this morning already! I did notice when it arrived the cube was slightly wet with lube and the first time I had to take the battery out to reset it, the battery was slick with lube as well. Bought mine from XiYuan Store via aliexpress, order number 8130531757340232. By the way, I have tried 4 different batteries so far, all the correct specification and decent name brand batteries like duracell, energizer...
Hi,@YiG.Thanks for your description and it makes the issue clear.Posi

The solution to this problem: You could contact XiYuan Store and tell them about this problem. They would help you to solve this problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day.

SnowyDay

Algorithm practising means you can input the alg you like to practise them via smart cube.
The cube will tell if you do it right, with time (best, avg, etc.) and solves(how many times you practise) record.

The robot will support specific scramble in future but now it is still under developing.
Is Algorithm practising with the robot available yet? If not, any view on when that might work?

SnowyDay

yes, it is available now. Please try and welcome to provide the suggestion or issue to us~
Thanks @pppatty . How does one communicate a specific algorithm to the robot?

Can one upload a scramble and drill it say 10x?

Can one upload say 5 scrambles and drill just those all day?

Is there documentation or a video on this?

pppatty

Thanks @pppatty . How does one communicate a specific algorithm to the robot?

Can one upload a scramble and drill it say 10x?

Can one upload say 5 scrambles and drill just those all day?

Is there documentation or a video on this?

How does one communicate a specific algorithm to the robot? ------- 1. Setting - Robot - add library. 2. Practice - Robot- Custom Scramble - your library - click to edit algorithm - confirm.

Can one upload a scramble and drill it say 10x? ----- it needs manual control.

Can one upload say 5 scrambles and drill just those all day? ----- Yes, but one algorithm has letter limited. And can not combine 5 scrambles and need to practice one by one.

Is there documentation or a video on this? --- sorry, we don't have.

SnowyDay

Thank you @pppatty .
Can one upload say 5 scrambles and drill just those all day? ----- Yes, but one algorithm has letter limited. And can not combine 5 scrambles and need to practice one by one.
This would be a good feature. e.g. One could choose 8 different algs to drill today. And the app would randomly display 1/8 each scramble. Better yet, use some SRS (spaced repetition system) with the robot.