• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

comedyfish

The code can be reapplied every 60 seconds. But once you apply the code, it is valid in 10 minutes, I believe it's enough for registration.
ah you are right!

OK the countdown is a bit silly then - I thought it meant you had to put the code in before it counts down - but it means you cant request a new code before then. Why would you request a new code within a minute?

Just have the button so you can only request a new code after 10 mins. maybe have a countdown until you're able to request again but only if the button is pressed.

eg: <code sent>

try to press it again <please wait 6 mins> etc

I guess this might be a bigger job than I think - if so fair enough!

Maybe its just me but that is not clear.

But thank you!

Last edited:

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I think add a popup note can be a good idea.
Edit: I was told the valid time of code is written in the message/email. So it just need a popup saying "please request a new code after countdown".

Last edited:
LOL!
With or without bugfixes for all problems? IOS and Android? I bet Android only for Open Beta
And i bet: it's Not for all iOS Versions
LOL!
With or without bugfixes for all problems? IOS and Android? I bet Android only for Open Beta
And i bet: it's Not for all iOS Versions
Thanks for your feedback and continuous support, our current brand new Cube Station APP v2.0 Beta is now available worldwide. IOS system will be launched on Testflight before July 28th due to the impact of Apple's official review, we hope that you can participate in and give us feedback; we have prepared rich rewards for our participants.

Last edited:
Fact: you can people fanboys.
I call you an entitled hater.

iOS app is a nice thing to have. It's not something Gan owes you. 356i is an amazing unique thing. From the opinions it's the only smart cube with speedcube performance.
Be grateful and hope for the best instead of posting hate, demands and criticism as if you have invested millions into the thing.
Hello,

So I bought a 356i v2 the other day. It came, I was happy. It worked for the first day or two, then boom, nothing... No lights when doing U U', no lights when charging, can't find the cube on mobile app or csTimer/Cubeast. Don't know if anyone has any tips? Seem to have tried most things and I'm coming to the conclusion it is just dead. Disappointing stuff, seems like this product was released too early from the amount of complaints and returns on the v1...
Thanks for the feedback, for hardware issues please send an email to [email protected], we will deal with it.

Fact: you can people fanboys.
I call you an entitled hater.

iOS app is a nice thing to have. It's not something Gan owes you. 356i is an amazing unique thing. From the opinions it's the only smart cube with speedcube performance.
Be grateful and hope for the best instead of posting hate, demands and criticism as if you have invested millions into the thing.
Thank you for your feedback and support, the Cube Station app beta is now available worldwide, due to appstore policy, the IOS version will be available around July 28th, we hope you can participate and give us feedback, we have prepared rich prizes for participants.

Last edited:

nonoperez

Hi!, I´m back. Let's give a try to new beta app. I can use it as a visitor, but can't login. Since I live in Spain I can't use the phone, the +034 prefix doesn't appear in the option, so my user is my email. I can login with my mail in the old app, tried five minutes ago, but in the beta it says "The ID is not registered"

Using it as a visitor, things seems to work well, except can't find people to battle (only twice in several tries) and the cube doesn't turn in the app. I have a 365i and the gyroscope works in the old app but not in beta.

For me the main problem were the servers outside China, tons of DNF bug. Hope it is fixed now.

Just another question, is there a button to exit the app? I have to close it with android manager from multitask.

Last edited:

nonoperez

Giving a try to old version, things are the same, if you live outside china no battles for you, you finish the cube but the time goes on and you have to exit with a DNF. That's the most important thing to solve if you want to sell the cube globally, I mean successfully without angry customers with a 80$ cube in a drawer.

How fast you normally reply, I sent you an email over a month ago?
Sorry for the delay reply and inconvenience had caused, we'll try to reply within 3 days from now on.
We will also collect the APP related issues by week and trying to update ASAP.
Also, Could you please tell us your Email address so that we could look into it ASAP.

Hi!, I´m back. Let's give a try to new beta app. I can use it as a visitor, but can't login. Since I live in Spain I can't use the phone, the +034 prefix doesn't appear in the option, so my user is my email. I can login with my mail in the old app, tried five minutes ago, but in the beta it says "The ID is not registered"

Using it as a visitor, things seems to work well, except can't find people to battle (only twice in several tries) and the cube doesn't turn in the app. I have a 365i and the gyroscope works in the old app but not in beta.

For me the main problem were the servers outside China, tons of DNF bug. Hope it is fixed now.

Just another question, is there a button to exit the app? I have to close it with android manager from multitask.
Thank you for your participation and feedback, your feedback has record.
The APP is still under development and some functions ARE NOT complete or finalized. Your app’s beta version will likely contain bugs, usability issues(Or even translation issues).
Please let us know of any suggestions, ideas or bugs that you encounter, this is the main purpose of beta testing, and we will use your feedback to continuously improve the APP.
Also we have prepared rich rewards for our participants, you could also find more info in our website or in the APP.
Happy SpeedSolving with us.

Thank you for your feedback, compared to the old version of Cube Station, Cube Station v2 beta has been fully updated from front-end to back-end, the data between the two is incompatible, v2 beta requires re-registration, but the system retains the original user's email, mobile phone number information, if you use the same information to register, the system will recognize as an old user, and get an old user's exclusive avatar frame as award.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
You paid for roughly 1 hour of work of a programmer in the silicon valley. You got a product that is an effect of at least tens of thousands.
It's their business decision to put as little or as much resources into software. And they will face consequences.
As end users who pay pennies for end product we can just hope for the best and give them feedback. I don't think we are in a position to state demands or harshly judge their progress as if we have actually financed the thing.
I agree with you. I am working on a smart cube glove system now as an “second try” for my busted cheap smart cube project. Although I have a lot of homework and very little free time now, I am determined to make it a real thing unlike the previous ones. I even attended a python neural network lesson recently in large part due to my project. And the money directly and directly spent on it is skyrocketing every day. I can tell you that just the hardware of the 356i is already a masterpiece.

Thanks to @ProStar for reminding me I haven’t make anything useful yet. It is because of you that I have the momentum to keep my project going at any cost. I sincerely thank you.

nonoperez

Can someone living in Europe (or outside China) confirm matching in battles? Matching is almost impossible, and no room for multiplayer either. Try several days at different hours without luck.
I know is a beta, but a lot of work is needed in translation to english, in tutorials, survey, events.

I've been testing algorithm training and F2L only timer training. I find this REALLY useful, great work!

nonoperez

Could you describe this feature in detail?

For example, can you select an alg and have the robot scramble for that say 10x in a row for practice?
Sorry, I don't have the robot. You can practice the algs in the app or add customs, it measures the time it takes to you, and you can repeat it anytime you want.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Matching is almost impossible, and no room for multiplayer either.
I know is a beta, but a lot of work is needed in translation to english, in tutorials, survey, events.

I've been testing algorithm training and F2L only timer training. I find this REALLY useful, great work!

No BOTs in CubeStation now and we observe that sometimes there're not enough users in multiplayer mode(even in China timezone). Whereas we believe as the app gets better optimized the users will grow gradually.
My suggestion will be utilize the training mode at the moment, cause it's really helpful (in my opinion) for practising certain algs! We also plan on activities like giveaway or lucky draw to attract users to multiplayer mode in coming weeks. Let's see what will happen!
At last thank you for your feedback! It's time for me back to work on translation! Check the app update regularly and have a great day!

nonoperez

The app has been updated several times, that's good. My suggestion is if you can add a changelog in the update screen, it will make easier to test new stuff or bug fixes. Other apps developers do it, sometimes the text is just something like "improvements and bug fixes" or "english translations added in survey" but for big changes like "login failed for some users fixed" or " new and more powerful servers added to improve battle for user outside China" will be useful.

Thanks!

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
The app has been updated several times, that's good. My suggestion is if you can add a changelog in the update screen, it will make easier to test new stuff or bug fixes. Other apps developers do it, sometimes the text is just something like "improvements and bug fixes" or "english translations added in survey" but for big changes like "login failed for some users fixed" or " new and more powerful servers added to improve battle for user outside China" will be useful.

Thanks!
@Olivertam I have almost the same idea. It really satisfies customers when they can see an actual improvement, whether small or big.