• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

SlowDown

There are already some 3rd party apps that work with 356i
Not official, so no Release for iOS App store or Android App Store!
Can you show me a Link in the iOS App Store? No?
I know the Browser Web API based Sites, but this is Not official supported.
Gan does nothing for iOS or IPad Users! Last Update was 13.01.2020 - a Bad joke for Customer. Read the Rest of my post

SnowyDay

Based on videos and comments here, I don't think Gan is far from having an good integration of a very sophisticated system. IMHO, this will be incredible once the final nits are crushed.

The robot seems to be quite solid. The cube might need some minor firmware update to hammer out some complaints here.
The App update is targeted for July as @Olivertam noted above.

Ideally, the system would have been released last autumn with no issues. This was a huge vision so we can only imagine the challenges a small toy company had executing. Quick resolution was clearly crushed by the 2020 human malware situation.

I will wait for good user reports & the specific scramble function before purchasing the entire package. And gifting it to my brothers.

Playing games like chess against on-line opponents is beyond fun...just an incredible experience.

RODSUIT

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

So I bought a 356i v2 the other day. It came, I was happy. It worked for the first day or two, then boom, nothing... No lights when doing U U', no lights when charging, can't find the cube on mobile app or csTimer/Cubeast. Don't know if anyone has any tips? Seem to have tried most things and I'm coming to the conclusion it is just dead. Disappointing stuff, seems like this product was released too early from the amount of complaints and returns on the v1...

cubeast

Hello,

So I bought a 356i v2 the other day. It came, I was happy. It worked for the first day or two, then boom, nothing... No lights when doing U U', no lights when charging, can't find the cube on mobile app or csTimer/Cubeast. Don't know if anyone has any tips? Seem to have tried most things and I'm coming to the conclusion it is just dead. Disappointing stuff, seems like this product was released too early from the amount of complaints and returns on the v1...

:( Sounds like it might be dead. The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe something's wrong with charging. Maybe you're not charging white face up? Maybe the charger or charger cable is broken?

RODSUIT

YouTube
Visit Channel
:( Sounds like it might be dead. The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe something's wrong with charging. Maybe you're not charging white face up? Maybe the charger or charger cable is broken?
Yeah not, I've tried cleaning the charging ping on both the charger and cube, tried adding weight on top whilst charging etc, to no avail! Hopefully either the Cubicle or Gan will be able to sort out a replacement..

SlowDown

Funny Fan Boy post....
Small toy factory? They release the best cubes, but the 356i software is a Bad joke!
Many other dev use TestFlight and have 2 User groups - Current Version and upcomming Version.
Other dev use the Community and Gan? Nothing! Just the Same answers every time.
Other devs work day and Night to fix the product-Look at the Game Developer... And Gan Has Money and is a factory!
This is my Personal opinion

Based on videos and comments here, I don't think Gan is far from having an good integration of a very sophisticated system. IMHO, this will be incredible once the final nits are crushed.

The robot seems to be quite solid. The cube might need some minor firmware update to hammer out some complaints here.
The App update is targeted for July as @Olivertam noted above.

Ideally, the system would have been released last autumn with no issues. This was a huge vision so we can only imagine the challenges a small toy company had executing. Quick resolution was clearly crushed by the 2020 human malware situation.

I will wait for good user reports & the specific scramble function before purchasing the entire package. And gifting it to my brothers.

Playing games like chess against on-line opponents is beyond fun...just an incredible experience.

iBonhomme

public beta is coming....

CubeStation上线翻译

玩出你的新天地!

全新一代 Cube Station

7月22日 公测上线

Experience the New Cubing-World!

Cube Station v2 beta

On 22nd July, Public Beta Online!

3大模式 畅所欲玩

3 Game Modes Freely Playing Poses

*部分功能仅支持智能魔方

* Some functions are only supported by SmartCubes.

智能魔方阵地

对战/训练/学习/计时

尽数畅玩

SmartCube Camp

Match/Training/Learning/Timer

Play at free will

普通魔方阵地

对战/训练/学习/计时

抢先体验

Non-SmartCube Camp

Match/Training/Learning/Timer

Everyone can try

虚拟魔方阵地

虚拟对战/计时

一样玩出趣

Virtual Cube Camp

Virtual Cube Match/Timer

Bringing you solid joy

6大玩头 各具其妙

6 Playing Modes You can Win with Casual Pose

多人速拧赛

Multi-Player Match

*2-10人同场开战

*5局平均快者胜

*观战模式:实时观察对手复原情况(即将上线)

* 2-10 people match in a virtual room

* The one with the best Ao5 wins

* Spectator mode: Allows players for real-time observation of other player’s solve (coming soon)

个人计时赛

Single-Player Trials

*记录5大竞速数据

*跻身全球TOP200排行榜

*加大神好友学高招

* Record key cubing data from 5 dimensions

* Rank yourself into the global TOP 200

* Make friends with cubing gurus and learn from them

魔友呼声最高!

The most popular among cubers!

公式练习

Algorithm Practising

*自定义公式重点开练

*支持普通魔方模式

*时长/TPS/平均等数据统计

* Custom algorithm practice

* Non-SmartCube mode

* Timing/TPS/average etc.

普通魔方赛

Non-SmartCube Match

*非智能魔方在线对战

*普通vs智能/普通vs普通

*3-10人开战 5局定胜负

* Non-SmartCube online match

* Non-Smart vs Smart / Non-Smart vs Non-Smart

* 3-10 people match The winner gets the best Ao5

升级!

Upgrade

智能计时器

A.I. Timer

*一步步分开练习计时

*全视角视频复盘

*层先法/CFOP 解法分析

* Practice step by step

* Full view video reconstruct

* Layer-by-Layer/CFOP(Fridrich Method) Analyse

速拧1v1

1v1 Match

*同级别对手随机匹配

*KO机制

*全视角视频复盘

* Random matching of cubers at the same level

* K.O. rules

* Full view video reconstruct

公测大奖 等你全赢

Join Public Beta Online to Win the Grand Prize!

7.22-8.23,参与 Cube Station 全球3大公测活动,赢维C/小透蓝/356 XS等旗舰好礼。

22nd. Jul-23rd. Aug., Join Cube Station's 3 Global Beta Events, to win VitaCube/356 X S/356 X and other flagship gifts.

原APP用户注册

送绝版头像框(永久)

App v1 user who sign up

Will get a free out-of-print avatar frame(permanent)

新用户注册

送公测头像框(永久)

New user who sign up

Will get a public beta avatar frame(permanent)

敬请期待

Coming Soon

活跃玩家奖

Activating Player Prize

5种玩法,连玩连奖

5 ways to play and easy to win

多人pk赛

Multi-Player Match

7.22-7.28

22nd Jul.-28th Jul.

GAN蓝牙计时器

GAN Bluetooth Timer

公式练习周

Algorithm Training Week

7.29-8.5

29th Jul.-5th Aug.

魔方训练周

Cubing Practicing Week

1v1大比拼

1v1 Matching

8.13-8.16

排行争夺赛

Ranking Matches

维他命C限定版

Vita Cube

菲神签名明信片

Feliks Zemdeg's signed Postcards

意见领袖奖

提建议,赢好奖

The Opinion-Leader award

Tell advices to win prizes

最佳建议奖(最多被采纳)

The Best-Advice award (The one has the most accepted advices)

积极反馈奖(最多真实有效)

Active feedback awards (The most real and effective advices)

活动细则将于2020.07.21周二公开

Event details will be made public on Tuesday, 2020.07.21

SnowyDay

Per Gan:

Android beta release July 22.
iOS beta release July 28.
After the betas, a global release (presumably refined) 23 Aug.

Not sure what they mean here
"Android public beta version and global official version data interoperability, but the data will not be deleted during the public test. "
"The IOS public beta version and the global official version are interoperable, but the data will not be deleted during the public test. "

This is on the cubestation website but I can't link that here as a new member.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll explain a bit more to @SnowyDay 's comment above.

Android beta: July 22, see below link to download.
iOS testflight beta: no later than July 28.
iOS regular download: no later than 23 Aug.

"An registered account can be switched between Android and iOS. Any data occured in testflight or beta version will not be deleted afterwards. "

Android apk is available now

Honestly we cannot compare to those mega producer like gameloft but we've been trying to optimize the app for cubers. Updating will be a regular move for us, for example small bug fixes biweekly and large module update monthly.
Please give us another chance. Thanks for your patience.

Daveyboyz

I was pleased to see the update thinking it would solve the problem of badly oriented replays.

Software loads and then nothing happens. It isn't crashed since it is animated with some shooting stars in the background but it doesn't move on and no buttons work.

(android, on a Samsung)

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How long does it normally take for GAN to reply service emails, I wrote them over a month ago and still no reply?

anyway, the thing is that my cube broke down while doing an algorithm (yellow side axis snapped) and it's obviously unusable now:
IMG_20200619_123045.jpg
The past 10k solves my cube did this thing where it kept mixing itself up while turning, requiring me to reset the cube a lot,
something to do with the internals not working properly I guess.
Every time I did the reset I tested the cube/app with a couple algorithms to see it doesn't mix itself up again and this breaking happened while performing T perm, the usual alg when I was testing it.

I'm sure others have experienced cube mixing itself up too in the app, but am I the only one that has axis snapped in half? Anyone?
This is the first time I took the cube apart, well actually I didn't take it apart as it exploded when the axis broke down :rolleyes:.
I don't dare to open the core as I have no idea what's inside there (springs, gyro etc?), so I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to fix with a new axis.
Pretty horrible if 25k+ solves is all I can get with a cube this expensive.

At least I'm using normal cubes again. After my 365i became unavailable I bought RS3M 2020 which is amazing and really cheap.
I do miss the stats I got from 365i tho..

SlowDown

LOL
"Honestly we cannot compare to those mega producer like gameloft but we've been trying to optimize the app for cubers. Updating will be a regular move for us, for example small bug fixes biweekly and large module update monthly."

Fact: Six months no updates for iOS!
Fact: known problems, but no fix or reaction
Fun Fact!: They make 2 new Products (bluetooth Cubes) without a working app, Crazy Management

I'll explain a bit more to @SnowyDay 's comment above.

Android beta: July 22, see below link to download.
iOS testflight beta: no later than July 28.
iOS regular download: no later than 23 Aug.

"An registered account can be switched between Android and iOS. Any data occured in testflight or beta version will not be deleted afterwards. "

Android apk is available now

Honestly we cannot compare to those mega producer like gameloft but we've been trying to optimize the app for cubers. Updating will be a regular move for us, for example small bug fixes biweekly and large module update monthly.
Please give us another chance. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

kubesolver

Premium Member
Fact: Six months no updates for iOS!
Fact: known problems, but no fix or reaction
Fun Fact!: They make 2 new Products (bluetooth Cubes) without a working app, Crazy Management
Fact: you can people fanboys.
I call you an entitled hater.

iOS app is a nice thing to have. It's not something Gan owes you. 356i is an amazing unique thing. From the opinions it's the only smart cube with speedcube performance.
Be grateful and hope for the best instead of posting hate, demands and criticism as if you have invested millions into the thing.

SlowDown

Sorry you dont Unterstand the problem.
I Love my normal Gan Cubes. I have 4 normal Gan Cubes.
but what i don't like is if i don't get what advertising is for and 6 months a product doesn't work. Gan has advertised support for iOS.
I don't want a miracle, I just want to get what I paid for and finally have a great cube.
what does a plane bring you if it doesn't fly? what does a boat bring you that doesn't float? what does it do for you if promised functions are missing.
I am the owner of my own company (healthcare industry). I would not allow myself to behave like this. only happy customers are good customers...
And listen, i am no hater - I am extremely dissatisfied like others.respect my opinion or not.

this type of cube can be the future of cubing

kubesolver

Premium Member
I just want to get what I paid for
You paid for roughly 1 hour of work of a programmer in the silicon valley. You got a product that is an effect of at least tens of thousands.
It's their business decision to put as little or as much resources into software. And they will face consequences.
As end users who pay pennies for end product we can just hope for the best and give them feedback. I don't think we are in a position to state demands or harshly judge their progress as if we have actually financed the thing.

comedyfish

Can I recommend you increase the time to put in the code when registering, the email takes longer than 60 seconds to arrive making it totally useless