• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

tomogorman3

Hej all! I’m really struggling to connect my cube to my phone! I have tried everything .... turning it around in the charger, deleting the app, putting a book on top of it when charging ... everything!! I always get the same message (photo). Any thoughts?B48BF7D4-FF4F-4ADF-9127-F9D6040780CB.png

Plasmo

When cleaning the 356i, does it come apart like other cubes (to clean the pieces), or will taking apart the pieces ruin the electronics?

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hej all! I’m really struggling to connect my cube to my phone! I have tried everything .... turning it around in the charger, deleting the app, putting a book on top of it when charging ... everything!! I always get the same message (photo). Any thoughts?
Should be like this when you "awake" the cube and it detected by the app (photo). Make sure you charge with white side on top, shake or turn white sides a couple times during connection.
This method is same to @Konsta , at least no one in my office encounters connection problem so far. And that's the same word the tech team told me.
Perhaps it's due to different device. Try write a feedback in-app with your phone model and system version(say, iOS 13.1 / Android 9.0).

Attachments

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Should be like this when you "awake" the cube and it detected by the app (photo). Make sure you charge with white side on top, shake or turn white sides a couple times during connection.
This method is same to @Konsta , at least no one in my office encounters connection problem so far. And that's the same word the tech team told me.
Perhaps it's due to different device. Try write a feedback in-app with your phone model and system version(say, iOS 13.1 / Android 9.0).
I'd love to use the in-app feedback, but it's complaining about 200 character limit, apparently I can't say everything I need to say within those limits.
Tried to post something like this:
20-30% of the time when starting the app it doesn't connect with the cube or give me the connect option. Cube is fully charged, bluetooth is working normally(I can see the cube in my bluetooth list). Previously I was able to force the connection from "my device" -> "smart cube"-window with the connect switch, but it was removed in the latest update. It's shows up only when the connection is on, which isn't very helpful. Using huawei P20 lite with EMUI 9.1.

SnowyDay

The learning concept here is awesome. But the software reviews on ios and andriod are all over the place. Is the app reliable today?

I would like to use the 356i to "drill" the same alg over and over again. Has Gan got this feature working today?

How is the integration of the robot for alg drilling?

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
The learning concept here is awesome. But the software reviews on ios and andriod are all over the place. Is the app reliable today?

I would like to use the 356i to "drill" the same alg over and over again. Has Gan got this feature working today?

How is the integration of the robot for alg drilling?
Please update to the latest version for algorithm practice! I made part of the English translation :)
Tested it and personally thinking it's not easy to get used to it, any question unknown please leave message below. @Wish Lin @Konsta @nonoperez
but once you did, that would be the great method to build your muscle memory!

I write some points here try to clarify some confusions.
1. You don't need the cube on your hand to match the situation on the screen. The screen is the case you need to solve!!
2.The picture below timer is the case you have to solve in tutorial way. The bigger cube in the middle of screen is a "virtual status" in that case complementing the other tiles. When you start to do algorithm in your cube it will count time and when correctly finished it stops.
3. If you are not solving in the given direction you have to adjust your default face. For example, Aa perm is default with headlights on right side. If you do the Aa perm with headlights on the left side, you have to hold the green on front and yellow on top. Also, like Ga-Gd perm if you will rotate the cube with algorithm (say, start blue but finish red on front), you have to adjust back to blue on front before next solve.
4. Please allow 2 seconds interval before next practice, for the app to record and reset the virtual status.

Overall it's designed for muscle memory and fluency checking. Since you cannot observe your cube during practice, you have to be very familiar with algorithm. Without seeing the exact status on my hand, some algorithms are prone to make mistakes.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
90% of the cubers in China don't have PLL names in their memory(so do I), so this version is without names like J perm, T perm, etc.
I will make a suggestion for adding PLL perm name in this module in future. Anyone who can give me the link of whole PLL cases with their names?

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
90% of the cubers in China don't have PLL names in their memory(so do I)
Yup, I experience this first hand when I talk about F perm or something and my friends are like "What is that?"XD. I got to admit the Chinese name sucks!(I think Taiwan is way worse than China because I can literally find 5 DIFFERENT ways of saying any perm from 5 people)

I do think the PLL code names are necessary even in Chinese mode because if a Chinese user wants to practice ALL OF THEM, then he/she should probably know these code names sooner or later.

And I personally don't think a random guy only want to learn basic stuff will buy an 356i and use the app XD.

nonoperez

I can't download the app, tried with mobile and PC. speed is too low, about 17 hrs to complete.
I can't use the app without update either.

Does this happen to you?

Edit: Using android

HoshiYamazaki

Can someone upload it to the cloud and give a link here, please?
Thanks in advance
I have the same issue, I tried with Wi-Fi (my home network) and also LTE, neither works correctly and I get 30-60kB/s download.
I hope the server fail is not releated to Gan company decisions but to some server intrasfructure problems, because paying 120$ for problems like this is... oh ****.

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And all the attempts to download will fail before I can finish the download.
I don't really understand why the update is not uploaded to the playstore immediately.
Same thing every time, previously I didn't care that much because I was still able to use the app, now I'm not.

nonoperez

I was able to download it after a lot of attempts and couldn't install it, It said the firm of the apk was untrustable or something like that (unknown sources allowed).

I know is not the end of the world, but all the weekend without using the app.