• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

Electrical

We had a cubing comp at school, and the teachers didn't even know what they were doing. They didn't trust us to scrambles the cubes ourselves so they took turns scrambling the cubes for like 100 moves. Then they made us solve them in front of the entire year and while STANDING UP. We couldn't even sit down a solve it. And they didn't get stackmat timers or something they used stopwatches and timed us themselves. They also only gave us one try only to solve the cubes which is really unfair because one of us could get lucky and win. But worst of all, to start the solve, they said ''3, 2, 1, Rubik!'' replacing the word ''go'' with ''rubik''. I bet the audience found that funny, but us cubers found it extremely cringy.

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
*sees me get to pll stage*
ah look he screwed up
*does Z perm in 0.81*
bruh

some adults do this as well, and kids think i broke a world record

Hdolf Aitler

Some kid came up to me while I was cubing and he was like " yOU Can cuBE!!!????? I cAN SOlve a 4 CUBe." So I gave him one and let him play with it for a while. Then he gave it back to me and said "YOur cheATing!!!"

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Non-cuber "Can I see that?"Turns it for a bit. Me "By the way, don't mess up that cube, its one of my good magnetic ones." Non-cuber "You mean that there are non-magnetic ones???!!! How the heck do the little cubes stick together without the magnets?" Me "..."

GAN 356 X

The 4-cube! Everyone says that they can solve it... cut they can't.

Actually, one of my friends worked out how to solve the 'triangle cube' within a few days with only a few prompts from me. It is pretty easy though.

When you take your cube apart to lube it: you broke it!

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My friend asked me "What if someone gets a rigged cube at a competition?" As you might imagine I was thinking to myself, "what does that even mean?" So she clarified saying what if someone got a cube with 10 stickers of one color and first of all you bring your own puzzles to competitions, second of all I don't think anyone in the observable universe will be sitting at a scrambling table and thinking "hmm, what if I were to put some different stickers on this cube"

brododragon

Once, this guy told me he did a 3x3 in thirty seconds. But, actually what he did was he did U R a bunch of times and undid it. Hey, you can't blame him. It's still technically solving the 3x3, but not a legitimate solve.
U R?
I once did that for 5 minutes and it didn't go back to a solved state.

anyway, them non-cubers always say that the pyriminx is way harder than the 3x3.