• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Events for the Weekly Competition Website for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cubinwitdapizza

+1 for 4x4 FMC (but how would It work? We would need like 2 hours lol.)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
+1 for 4x4 FMC (but how would It work? We would need like 2 hours lol.)
I doubt it will make the cut, but if it were to be accepted, I would personally prefer 2 1/2 hours, since that was the time limit years ago when it was previously an event in the competition, and so the results would be consistent.

Etotheipi

I'm down for fifteen, but is there a notation system for scrambles?

Actually, I'm going to start a thread for it if one doesn't exist-
i think for scrambling notation, you could have U, L, R, D, where U would bring the tile above the empty space into the empty space, R would bring the tile to the right of it to the empty space etc. And maybe begin algs with the coords of the empty space, so people know where it should be.

Angry_Mob

I'm down for fifteen, but is there a notation system for scrambles?

Actually, I'm going to start a thread for it if one doesn't exist-
There are two notations for 15 puzzle rn. You can track which piece is moving into the empty spot (using U, D, L and R to denote the direction), or you can follow where the empty spot is moving in the same way. I also see on csTimer that they added an option where it shows the direction to move with arrows. Arrows would probably be the best to use.
I really hope it gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.