• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moyu Aoshi Mod

CoasterKingII

If you change the springs of an Aoshi to Dayan springs and clean out the lube, the cube will become incredibly smooth. Try it and tell me how it works out.

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd try this, but I really don't want to disassemble my Aoshi. Is it worth the time?

In my opinion, absolutely nothing is worth disassembling a 6x6 and then reassembling it.
Both I and the disassembled SS 6x6 sitting in a chocolate tub trying to be forgotten about recommend not doing this.

(jk, if you wanna try it go ahead ;) )

shadyb

1) it would be a waste of time to do this since the Aoshi is literally a BEAST with SS 5x5 springs (I've tried with Dayan springs as well, it's not as good).

2) try taking the screws out/doing the swap/screwing them back in one by one, without dissembling the cube at all. It's hard and you have to gently wiggle the center cubies a little but very possible, I do it all the time.

3) if you want a good Aoshi, use SS 5x5 springs. Lol.

CoasterKingII

1)
2) try taking the screws out/doing the swap/screwing them back in one by one, without dissembling the cube at all. It's hard and you have to gently wiggle the center cubies a little but very possible, I do it all the time.
If you do this, you will need to take it apart anyway because you will have to clean out the lube. My Aoshi is incredibly smooth with this mod. And I am sure that you probably could use Shengshou 5x5 springs but I just went with dayan springs.

WCA
2014BLOC01
Just recently switched my mini moyo aoshi springs with my old guhong's springs only took like 15 minutes made it an entirely different cube although took a bit to get used to the turning. It was way faster and smoother and I tended to overshoot and it would lock but if you have an old dayan cube definitely do this. The outer layer feel like a 3x3 now. Amazing what different spring will do.

If you did buy a Mini Aoshi and expected it to be more like the bigger one I'm guessing the fact that it used the same springs as the bigger one was why it was so slow, the Dayan springs do fix this.

Did you mean Mini Aosu? They don't make a Mini Aoshi.