• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best springs for a Moyu Aoshi

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I bought a second hand Moyu Aoshi. The previous owner swapped the springs out. He did mention which cube they came from but that has slipped my mind. Anyway, the cube is way to loose and flexible to even give a good solve and I don't think magnets alone will help, which is what I'm considering doing with it.

Suggestions for springs to use in my Aoshi ?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I put SS 5x5 springs in my Aoshi. It's been a while, but I remember my initial impression was that the swap helped the SS and didn't do much for the Aoshi. Another consideration is that the Aoshi is pretty sensitive to tension: it might be worth tightening it just an 1/8th of a turn just to see if that helps before doing anything more drastic.

Because of the amount of work involved in magnetizing a 6x6 my inclination would be to get the best 6x6 I could to start with before adding magnets (a Qiyi or a yuxin, from what I've heard). I magnetized my Aoshi and it does help, but it's probably at least 5-6 hours of work. The Aoshi also responds very well to a lot of break-in, and for some reason at least for me that seemed to reset when I magnetized it.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I do have a QiYi 6x6 that I was considering putting magnets into. I also have another black Aoshi. This particular Aoshi is stickerless that I wouldn't mind using as it is the only large stickerless cube I have. The QiYi is definitely better than the Aoshi though IMO.

Will try play around the the current spring tension, see what happens.