• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Mike Hughey 7x7x7 BLD 1:10:51.69

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
That is very cool.. Post the full video also, I wan't to learn you rmethod.

Sorry; I overwrote the original on my camera when I did my negative time multi last night. Anyway, there's nothing particularly special about the method. I just solve it similar to the way Chris Hardwick explains doing a 4x4x4 or 5x5x5 on the tutorials here (and I have a tutorial for 4x4x4 centers); I also use some r2 for wings. I'm hoping to put up a tutorial on obliques sometime soon - they really work just like the other centers, but I use a couple of tricks that really help me go fast on them, and I think it might be useful to others to describe them. As it turns out, obliques are the easiest centers of all to solve. I'm still probably a little slower on obliques than on the other centers, but that's just due to familiarity. Eventually (with practice), obliques will be significantly quicker than + and X centers on the really big cubes.

I'm doubting I'm going to try a negative time multi again next year - I'm hoping that by then I'm consistently sub-hour on 7x7x7 BLD, so I can do a 7x7x7 BLD in negative time next year. :)

siva.shanmukh

WCA
2008SHAN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That is very cool.. Post the full video also, I wan't to learn you rmethod.

Sorry; I overwrote the original on my camera when I did my negative time multi last night. Anyway, there's nothing particularly special about the method. I just solve it similar to the way Chris Hardwick explains doing a 4x4x4 or 5x5x5 on the tutorials here (and I have a tutorial for 4x4x4 centers); I also use some r2 for wings. I'm hoping to put up a tutorial on obliques sometime soon - they really work just like the other centers, but I use a couple of tricks that really help me go fast on them, and I think it might be useful to others to describe them. As it turns out, obliques are the easiest centers of all to solve. I'm still probably a little slower on obliques than on the other centers, but that's just due to familiarity. Eventually (with practice), obliques will be significantly quicker than + and X centers on the really big cubes.

I'm doubting I'm going to try a negative time multi again next year - I'm hoping that by then I'm consistently sub-hour on 7x7x7 BLD, so I can do a 7x7x7 BLD in negative time next year. :)

Can you put a link to your tutorial for centers? Logically U2 should work pretty fine with 7x7 as well. But I want to know your method fro centers.

Piercy

You could have done a whole video with Beethoven's ninth Symphony (which lasts 74 minutes).

Mike Hughey, you're just great.