• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MF8 3x3 (New Structure)

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I shall concede that I may have made assumptions about how this cube will work solely on the fact it was a ball mech. Perhaps my thoughts will be wrong and this cube might be decent, but I agree that we have to wait until it comes out to really know anything.

Andreaillest

Premium Member
WCA
2012PANY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting ball core mech. I like it! However, like Dan, I have my doubts that this will great. Of course, I'll be waiting to see how it turns out when it is mass produced.

Fluffy

Wow, I have always thought that they would eventually make a ball core 3x3. It looks very cool, defenatly something I'm ganna probably buy.

KYLOL

The mech looks really nice, but it just seems like the performance wouldn't be that great because of the ball core.

One day Carl woke up and thought "Maybe we should change the core of our cubes...". Carl thought about it long and hard. Just how could he make MF8 cubes better? He thought about it constantly, day and night. Several days later he was cruising on the highway, and he thought of a great new design. He floored it, trying to get home quickly and his car reached speeds upward of 88 MPH. Carl was surrounded by an array of dazzling lights, and his car shook like a volcano was erupting beneath him. Carl had traveled back in time. He slammed the brakes and looked up. A massive T-rex was just inches in front of his car. Carl then grabbed the sketch of his new MF8 3x3x3 core design and ran from the car. The T-rex smashed his car in one foul stomp. Carl ran for a small cave, too small for the T-rex to follow. Carl caught his breath, trying to think about what just happened to him, thinking about the possibility of his MF8 3x3x3 core being lost in time was too much to bear. Carl decided it was best if he took a nap, and would collect his thoughts in the morning. He stashed his new design in his pocket and went to sleep on a large boulder. As the sun arose, Carl awoke frantically. "I've got to get back!" he exclaimed. Suddenly a figure approached the cave hole, and as it came closer, it spoke - "Get back where?". "Back to the future", Carl said. As the figure became clearer, Carl could make out the figure's face. He had a long white beard and a large white cane. "The name is Gandalf", said the man. Gandalf then told Carl to stand up and follow him. Carl was cautious, but he had no choice. His car had been C-walked on by a giant T-rex. Gandalf pointed to a mountain range in the distance. The mountain had a very large black cloud above it. "There is a portal up there to return to your time, but you must be careful. These dinosaurs will do anything for your new MF8 3x3x3 core design". Carl nodded in agreement, and set off for the mountain. Along the way Carl found himself at a bridge. There was a tall statue standing in front of him. The statue spoke "Password please". Carl thought for a moment, and then spoke the words "Can I cross the bridge, homie?".A large booming voice shouted "ACCESS GRANTED, You may pass". As Carl crossed the bridge, he realized that the ink on his MF8 3x3x3 core design was starting to smudge. He needed to get back to his own time, and quick. He began jogging up the mountain, knowing it was only another mile or so. After several minutes he approached the top. Carl looked into the portal, and thought about all of the troubles he went through on his long journey. A T-rex stomped his car, and he didn't even have insurance. He ran toward the portal full speed but something caught his eye. A white-red sphere was hovering above the ground just near the portal. He stopped to examine the sphere and then picked it up to consider its weight and physical properties. At that same moment, a massive Dinosaur smashed the ground just behind him. Carl rolled out of the way just in time. As his heart raced, Carl heard the voice of the wizard Gandalf. " A WILD CHARIZARD APPEARS ,CARL - USE THE SPHERE!". As Carl began to realize that he was out of time and options, he flipped his baseball cap backward and threw the sphere at the dinosaur. It erupted into a brilliant light and was sucked into the sphere. Carl grabbed the sphere and headed to the portal, diving into it. Carl blacked out. Several hours later, he awoke in his bed with the sphere in one hand and his MF8 3x3x3 core design in the other. Carl knew that he had to share his design with the world. Some time later, he hired a very sexy guy named KYLOL to share his story on speedsolving.com in a New MF8 3x3x3 Core thread.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
One day Carl woke up and thought "Maybe we should change the core of our cubes...". Carl thought about it long and hard. Just how could he make MF8 cubes better? He thought about it constantly, day and night. Several days later he was cruising on the highway, and he thought of a great new design. He floored it, trying to get home quickly and his car reached speeds upward of 88 MPH. Carl was surrounded by an array of dazzling lights, and his car shook like a volcano was erupting beneath him. Carl had traveled back in time. He slammed the brakes and looked up. A massive T-rex was just inches in front of his car. Carl then grabbed the sketch of his new MF8 3x3x3 core design and ran from the car. The T-rex smashed his car in one foul stomp. Carl ran for a small cave, too small for the T-rex to follow. Carl caught his breath, trying to think about what just happened to him, thinking about the possibility of his MF8 3x3x3 core being lost in time was too much to bear. Carl decided it was best if he took a nap, and would collect his thoughts in the morning. He stashed his new design in his pocket and went to sleep on a large boulder. As the sun arose, Carl awoke frantically. "I've got to get back!" he exclaimed. Suddenly a figure approached the cave hole, and as it came closer, it spoke - "Get back where?". "Back to the future", Carl said. As the figure became clearer, Carl could make out the figure's face. He had a long white beard and a large white cane. "The name is Gandalf", said the man. Gandalf then told Carl to stand up and follow him. Carl was cautious, but he had no choice. His car had been C-walked on by a giant T-rex. Gandalf pointed to a mountain range in the distance. The mountain had a very large black cloud above it. "There is a portal up there to return to your time, but you must be careful. These dinosaurs will do anything for your new MF8 3x3x3 core design". Carl nodded in agreement, and set off for the mountain. Along the way Carl found himself at a bridge. There was a tall statue standing in front of him. The statue spoke "Password please". Carl thought for a moment, and then spoke the words "Can I cross the bridge, homie?".A large booming voice shouted "ACCESS GRANTED, You may pass". As Carl crossed the bridge, he realized that the ink on his MF8 3x3x3 core design was starting to smudge. He needed to get back to his own time, and quick. He began jogging up the mountain, knowing it was only another mile or so. After several minutes he approached the top. Carl looked into the portal, and thought about all of the troubles he went through on his long journey. A T-rex stomped his car, and he didn't even have insurance. He ran toward the portal full speed but something caught his eye. A white-red sphere was hovering above the ground just near the portal. He stopped to examine the sphere and then picked it up to consider its weight and physical properties. At that same moment, a massive Dinosaur smashed the ground just behind him. Carl rolled out of the way just in time. As his heart raced, Carl heard the voice of the wizard Gandalf. " A WILD CHARIZARD APPEARS ,CARL - USE THE SPHERE!". As Carl began to realize that he was out of time and options, he flipped his baseball cap backward and threw the sphere at the dinosaur. It erupted into a brilliant light and was sucked into the sphere. Carl grabbed the sphere and headed to the portal, diving into it. Carl blacked out. Several hours later, he awoke in his bed with the sphere in one hand and his MF8 3x3x3 core design in the other. Carl knew that he had to share his design with the world. Some time later, he hired a very sexy guy named KYLOL to share his story on speedsolving.com in a New MF8 3x3x3 Core thread.

im 17 and what is this?

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm very ignorant here so maybe someone can clue me in, my only experience with inner mech's is in 3x3's and my Dayan/MF8 4x4. I thought the Dayan was a 'ball core', I found it interesting to take it apart and find out that it's really just a 3x3 with 8 shell pieces attached to the corners. Is the Dayan 4x4 really a 'ball core' or is it something else, cause I can't see how it could be related to this design (you certainly wouldn't put a 3x3 inside another 3x3 :) )

My first thoughts are of confusion as to why you'd want to put something where there once was empty space (surely it's just adding more surface friction) - unless the reason is that the ball means that the cubies don't move too close together (so everything isn't held in place by the tension between the cubies) meaning it can be looser without popping (due to those wide inner bits). Any more explanations would be greatly appreciated.