• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Memory Locations - Fallout New Vegas

kelseymckenna

WCA
2012MCKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys! I just thought that I would present an idea for memory locations. I currently use locations that exist in real life. This is fine and it allows me to memorise a good number of cubes, however, most of the locations are in my school or home. They aren't particularly interesting locations; this makes them less effective during recall. I'm going to try using locations from 'Fallout New Vegas'. There are so many interesting places in this game and I think this provides the solver with more memory locations. The order in which you complete quests can define the order of the memory locations.

There may be games that would be more appropriate than 'Fallout New Vegas', but I am very familiar with the map of the game so I have chosen it.

If you use a system like this, please say so! It would be interesting to see what people have created.

Kelsey.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I use maps from BattleFront (Star Wars ftw) and also locations in Runescape. I have so many real life locations though, I only really need to use those if I want to do a multi or a big cube blind. Honestly, with all my real life loci I could fit ~40-50 3x3s if really wanted to do so. I also memorize numbers and cards though, so once I get better at numbers and if I try to do hour long sessions with multiple decks of cards, I might just go onto a "fake" place.
In otherwords, I mostly use them as back up locations, but I do use them sometimes.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm a noob.
On my main account:
attack: 46
Strength: 47
def: 45
Archery: 50
prayer: 32
Magic: 42
runecrafting: 46
dungeoneering (lol): 6
HP (NOT "constitution" ;)): 49
crafting: 41
mining: 45
smithing: 41
fishing: 52
cooking: 53
firemaking: 73
woodcutting: 52

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
A meet up would be awesome :p
I quit about a year ago as well. I think that cubing is the only hobby that I've really stuck with for a LONG time. I mean, I'll start a new hobby (yo-yo, card memorization, drawing, animating, card throwing, etc) and I'll stick with it for a while but I slowly just fade out of it.

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
every skill 70+, combat 137 and 90% of the quests. I am not convinced of the Way rs is going though, and im not lookign forward to the updates within the next year, so who knows if i will still be playing by then...

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah, the updates are gross :p
I starting playing well before even the GE came out. Or the security dungeon place. Or runecrafting. Or "dungeoneering" (It's lame :p). Or the Explorer's Ring. Or-- well, you get the point :p

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dungeoneering was a bit over the top I think... It seemed totally random when they added it
I still have fond memories of when player killing was still allowed.