• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Megaminx Discussion

So I am currently averaging low 50's at the moment, and I really want to break that sub-50 barrier! What are some of the most important things to be doing in my solves that could help push me into the 40's?

Since I am able to swap around the tiles on my Galaxy mengminx, I was wondering if any of the members here had modified their minxi with unusual color layouts and why that would be a good idea.

Since I am able to swap around the tiles on my Galaxy mengminx, I was wondering if any of the members here had modified their minxi with unusual color layouts and why that would be a good idea.
changing layouts could be a good idea if you're planning to switch to yu da hyun s2l

I put yellow opposite white and replaced the original yellow side with grey, and black opposite that.

Feels much more normal to me, I couldn't stand grey opposite white

Thanks for the help, I'll give that a try.
You have the tiled Galaxy or the stickerless? I had stickerless and needed to shave down some male/female connectors on edges to allow this to work. Hasn't impacted the solving of the cube at all though.

Probably the stickerless... How would I be able to tell?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out... What a stupid design choice from the company...

Last edited:
Probably the stickerless... How would I be able to tell?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out... What a stupid design choice from the company...
Yup. Have to get rid of those male end connectors and it will be fine though at least mine is, can't even tell it was done besides the color swap

Sure, but if I find a scheme I like I would want to apply it to all of my megaminxi and, while that would be easy on puzzles like the Cubing Classroom megaminx and ShengShou Gem, I have quite a few Galaxies and it would be a pain to do them all...

I suppose I'll just have to get used to the standard scheme.

Thank you for your help anyway.