• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

May 21st :O

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Y2K wasn't about the end of the world. It was about technology, electricity, etc...

... including software for nuclear reactors and weapons, the failures leading to the end of the world, yes.

to be a Christian you must consider what's written within it to be true, whether it be symbolically or literally.

All of it? Says who?

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Looked at the website to see what his reasoning was. And there's this:

1988 AD—This year ended the church age and began the great tribulation period of 23 years (13,000 years from creation).

And a little bit later:

Earlier it was mentioned that the church age came to an end in the year 1988 AD.

Umm....what supporting facts?

On May 21st, 1988, God finished using the churches and congregations of the world. The Spirit of God left all churches and Satan, the man of sin, entered into the churches to rule at that point in time.

But that's all it says about 1988. They don't even bother to quote about seeing the Virgin Mary in their cheerios on that morning or anything.....

ZamHalen

In your kitchen.Where do you keep your toaster?
WCA
2014ZAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://www.2012hoax.org/camping
Food for the fools. But as I am catholic I must include that all of this contradicts a piece of scripture to the effect of:
Man nor beast nor angel shall know the day of judgement, only the father (god)
NOTE:That is a really rough version i'm sure someone with more time can find the actual text.
My point is that Christians are following this as though it were true, despite the fact that this was stated. If you truly believe then you don't listen to Mr. Camping.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/harold_camping.htm
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/may-21-2011-rapture-predictor-harold-camping-was-wrong-before
Just to give a few opposing links.
EDIT: Here's some music to listen to while reading this thread.

Last edited:

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
My opinion:
How many times have they predicted the end of the world? And how many times has everything gone smoothly, without anything end-of-worldly happening? And if this really is the end of the world, how about the supposed end of the world in 2012?
Personally, I think every end-of-world "prediction" is FAKE.

This is just my opinion, I'm not imposing this on anyone and I respect everyone's opinion. I simply ask that you give it some thought if you do not agree.

Man, the cube on your avatar looks really cool...What does the center-logo say?

Only a few days to go till certain doom btw...

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
It's okay to believe different things.

Sure, but only up to a point. When you start harming other people, your right to believe different things stops.

Is it okay to throw away your life savings because you believe the world is ending? As long as you don't have a family depending on your support, sure. Would suck to be that believer on May 22 though.

Is it okay to get other people to throw away their life savings by convincing them the world is ending? That's just a dick move.

Last edited:

theace

WCA
2010RAOA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3 days to go. I'm SOOO looking forward to this.

If making fun of religion offends you, don't look in here.
So apparently Jesus is planning to come down to earth to screw people's cases. It'd be fun if he comes down and goes like: "Sup Homies! Y'all gotta dai now! Cmon punks! letz du this!" and then he'll pwn you

Last edited:

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think this is ridiculous. I'm catholic and I go to a catholic school, and everyone else there thinks that too. Besides, the guy said he got his evidence from the bible, and the bible says only God knows when, not even Jesus knows. I just hope people don't start denying God or "I told you so" to every Christian because at least 95% of us think it's bologna.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think this is ridiculous. I'm catholic and I go to a catholic school, and everyone else there thinks that too. Besides, the guy said he got his evidence from the bible, and the bible says only God knows when, not even Jesus knows. I just hope people don't start denying God or "I told you so" to every Christian because at least 95% of us think it's bologna.

Well... about that...