• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Making a Cube Timer Site--Ideas Needed!

brododragon

There's a photo of what it looks like in light mode on the previous page, but here's what it currently looks like in dark mode:
Ok, cool! One thing: Maybe hide the scrambles? It clutters things up.
There's been a bunch of requests for being able to import solves from CSTimer. Is this the document that needs to be imported?
I think that should work.

brododragon

Oooh, just had a great idea - Day Summary, Week Summary, Month Summary, Year Summary, Lifetime Summary. It would be a list that you could open to see all the PBs and outstanding solves and averages. it would highlight them from green - red, picking a color based on how important it was (single being the most important), and how much better than average it was. You could sort by sequential order, or biggest/smallest achievements.

gcn12

Oooh, just had a great idea - Day Summary, Week Summary, Month Summary, Year Summary, Lifetime Summary. It would be a list that you could open to see all the PBs and outstanding solves and averages. it would highlight them from green - red, picking a color based on how important it was (single being the most important), and how much better than average it was. You could sort by sequential order, or biggest/smallest achievements.

Definitely like the idea of adding a lot of stats and data-related features. That aspect may be a large focus of the timer

gcn12

Cool, I'll try to implement both ways just to be safe. Is there any other data that you'd like to be able to input? Such as date, scramble, etc, or just the solve time only?

gcn12

I'd want date & scramble.

Managed to get the CS import working pretty well. Just wondering what format your times, solves, and dates are in.

Ex: 8.45, 10-8-2020, L F' B' U' D2 B2 R F2 U2 R B2 L' B2 R U2 B2 D'
or
8.45 8-10-2020 L F' B' U' D2 B2 R F2 U2 R B2 L' B2 R U2 B2 D'
etc.

So things like spaces, commas, order of date, and other things that may vary.

Is it also correct that CS timer doesn't provide date in export?

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like annual entry, inspection for automatic entry, a display system that show current/best mo3, ao5, ao12, ao25, ao50, ao100, etc. Make sure to use reliable scrambles for the scrambler and it would be really cool if you made a graph to document the progression of times and multiple sessions like cstimer with the ability to name each session what you want. Good luck making this!

NevEr_QeyX

One thing I've always wanted in a timer is alg sets built in to a trainer but also divided into common subsets. I know there are alg trainers for this but having it all in the same timer application would be awesome. An example being, in Chao Timer there is the option for ZBLL training, but it does all ZBLLs, let's be real no one is going to need a FULL ZBLL trainer. All most people want is just the T cases or just the L cases at a time. This might be unrealistically hard to build into a timer but it's an idea.

YouTube
Visit Channel
One thing I've always wanted in a timer is alg sets built in to a trainer but also divided into common subsets. I know there are alg trainers for this but having it all in the same timer application would be awesome. An example being, in Chao Timer there is the option for ZBLL training, but it does all ZBLLs, let's be real no one is going to need a FULL ZBLL trainer. All most people want is just the T cases or just the L cases at a time. This might be unrealistically hard to build into a timer but it's an idea.
I wanna HKOLL and HKPLL trainer lol

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
I've attempted to make a timer website before but I couldn't find a good javascript library for the timer functions. What are you using. I also made a stackmat last year with some electronics.

gcn12

I've attempted to make a timer website before but I couldn't find a good javascript library for the timer functions. What are you using. I also made a stackmat last year with some electronics.

The stackmat project sounds great! How'd it turn out? I didn't really think about finding a library for the timer function, so I basically made the timer from scratch in js

gcn12

That's probably not going to be a priority feature for right now, but definitely one that I'll look into down the road. Never thought about that, so thanks for suggesting it

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
The stackmat project sounds great! How'd it turn out? I didn't really think about finding a library for the timer function, so I basically made the timer from scratch in js
Ok. The stackmat turned out really good. Unfortunately I couldn't take it home since I made it at school with their electronics but I am working on a touchless timer similar to the YJ pocket timer at the moment.

brododragon

Tao Yu's trainer is good for that.