• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Making a Cube Timer Site--Ideas Needed!

Het Mehta

how are you meant import cstimer times to this timer as cstimer does txt files and not json files

gcn12

how are you meant import cstimer times to this timer as cstimer does txt files and not json files
You can just copy and paste from the CSTimer txt file and paste into the box and it should work, but let me know if it doesnt

gcn12

Hey all,

I've a ton of changes and improvements to the timer, so a lot has changed. It's nearing a wide release, so it would be awesome to get some final feedback on everything before then.

Notable improvements include:
-Fixed scrambles
-Better mobile functionality
-Offline mode
-More cohesive UI

The offline mode in particular is one that would be good to be tested a bit more

Let me know how it's all looking!

Jupiter

something id like to see is easier switching sessions.
on the bottom it says what session youre in maybe you could have something where you could click it and it would bring down a drop down menu where you could switch sessions

gcn12

something id like to see is easier switching sessions.
on the bottom it says what session youre in maybe you could have something where you could click it and it would bring down a drop down menu where you could switch sessions

Sounds like something that can implemented pretty soon. I think right now though, im looking to make sure every in the timer as of now works before adding anything else

BradyLawrence

WCA
2019LAWR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that a lot of people have mentioned all of this stuff already, but I thought I would make a complete list of all the features I'd love from a new timer website/app:
-Some way to login from multiple devices and have my times and sessions sync across devices
-A way to track times with multiple different cubes separately in the same session (If I were to practice using my backup main, I could choose to count those times separately without creating massive session clutter)
-Ability to make custom Ao/Mo stats, as well as averages of averages and such
-Mobile friendly (perhaps an app could come later after the website)
-customizable colors/background
-Stackmat connectivity (this might be really hard, so I'd settle for typing and spacebar)
-An easy way to export times into google sheets/excel for stats analysis

Can't think of anything else rn, will edit this reply if I do.

P.S. Thanks @Gen12 for doing this, I know it might be a lot with all of these requests/suggestions. Also, if you're still looking for beta testers, I would love to help, just my coding skills aren't great.