• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lubix Review

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure how you disassemble your 2x2's, but they have that clip on the inside that lets each square pop off and you can easily get to the core / inner pieces that way. I just removed two squares, put a drop of lubix in side (didn't even do the screw/spring setup because I was far too lazy to remove the inner edges pieces), worked in it, and it felt great. I had a week break in time though without lube and the ShengShou feels pretty decent.

jms_gets swears his LanLan2x2 is better, but it pops like a mofo, so I'm calling mine quite a bit better ;)

Pixel 6

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure how you disassemble your 2x2's, but they have that clip on the inside that lets each square pop off and you can easily get to the core / inner pieces that way. I just removed two squares, put a drop of lubix in side (didn't even do the screw/spring setup because I was far too lazy to remove the inner edges pieces), worked in it, and it felt great. I had a week break in time though without lube and the ShengShou feels pretty decent.

jms_gets swears his LanLan2x2 is better, but it pops like a mofo, so I'm calling mine quite a bit better ;)

I have no 2x2 skillz. Putting back together a 2x2 I look like a Rottweiler trying to do a quantum mechanics math problem. lol

=/

- Pixel -

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't try to take apart an Eastsheen as your first 2x2 to pull apart, it uses a piece like automotive panel plastic pieces (it's hard to explain but if you're ever pulled out a dashboard, center console, door panel, etc, you know what I'm talking about).

The first step is to look inside a corner and find the clip. It's a plastic piece that looks like it could be just from the molding process. Put some pressure on it with a long thin object (screwdriver works great), but be careful not to break it. When you push the clip out enough just slide the corner cap off. You'll see the expose core + inner edges pieces. Remove four caps from the same side you'll see the screw. If you want, force an internal pop to remove the internal edges, or just loosen the screws. Put together the opposite of taking apart :p

Whyusosrs?

K. Did that thing to my guhong. Did about 10 solves last night with it, and I thought it had gotten better. Let it sit over night and picked it up.... Yea, it's awesome. Applied to where a crew goes to core, inside center piece, a small amount on bottom of screw, and a bit on the washer. It glides like a pro, now.

So amazing. Thanks lubix.

Btw, tell Cameron to sell pink and yellow guhongs... I'd buy 'em. :p

Bounb

Here's my review. Rather than add to the pile of subjective reviews I decided to run some tests to get a handle on how well Lubix actually performed in comparison to Tableau Dry Lube (which is what a lot of UK cubers use). I have to say I wasn't really expecting a noticeable difference but

Conclusion: Works better than Tableau Dry Lube but for the amount you get in comparison, it's relatively expensive. If you're a serious speedcuber, it's probably worth checking out.

This is my first review so go easy :p

Last edited by a moderator:

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's my review. Rather than add to the pile of objective reviews I decided to run some tests to get a handle on how well Lubix actually performed in comparison to Tableau Dry Lube (which is what a lot of UK cubers use). I have to say I wasn't really expecting a noticeable difference but

Conclusion: Works better than Tableau Dry Lube but for the amount you get in comparison, it's relatively expensive. If you're a serious speedcuber, it's probably worth checking out.

This is my first review so go easy :p

<3 accent

Last edited by a moderator:

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
To add my thoughts to this cube's review:

The DaYan Guhong, in my opinion is the best cube available on the market. And at this point, because of how well it performs, I can not see another cube coming out that has better characteristics than the GuHong.

So if you want to see what I'm talking about with the Guhong, and want to see what the hype of Lubix is all about, give us about a week or so and go buy the Guhong from SpeedCubeShop, or any other 3x3x3 from them for that matter, and it will be shipped pre-lubed with Lubix and ready to go.

Thanks for reading,

- Pixel -

That's a pretty long post, and its really convinving.
There's a great salesperson, forum :) :tu

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
I disassembled the Guhong, unscrewed the centers from the core, and went to town, lubing every contact point that could be made inside the core. I applied Lubix to the inner base of the center piece, where the washer sits. Lubed on top of the washer where the spring sits. The top lip of the screw where the other side of the screw rubs. The inner wall lip where the screw bottoms out at when you pull out on the core.

Also know, that SpeedCubeShop and I have partnered up, and I am going to be pre-lubing every 3x3x3 that the shop sells prior to purchase, and at no expense to the customer.

- Pixel -

Does this mean that when I purchase a cube from speedcubeshop.com I'll get the lubrication as described above and in your GuHong lubing vid on youtube or will I get the previsoulsy recommended lubricant application?

Will only GuHongs be lubed as described above or will all cubes?

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
So if you want to see what I'm talking about with the Guhong, and want to see what the hype of Lubix is all about, give us about a week or so and go buy the Guhong from SpeedCubeShop, or any other 3x3x3 from them for that matter, and it will be shipped pre-lubed with Lubix and ready to go.

Thanks for reading,

- Pixel -

I disassembled the Guhong, unscrewed the centers from the core, and went to town, lubing every contact point that could be made inside the core. I applied Lubix to the inner base of the center piece, where the washer sits. Lubed on top of the washer where the spring sits. The top lip of the screw where the other side of the screw rubs. The inner wall lip where the screw bottoms out at when you pull out on the core.

Also know, that SpeedCubeShop and I have partnered up, and I am going to be pre-lubing every 3x3x3 that the shop sells prior to purchase, and at no expense to the customer.

- Pixel -

Does this mean that when I purchase a cube from speedcubeshop.com I'll get the lubrication as described above and in your GuHong lubing vid on youtube or will I get the previsoulsy recommended lubricant application?

Will only GuHongs be lubed as described above or will all cubes?

All 3x3s he said.
And he said the way he lubed his cube. The pro way.

Mysfyt

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have been an avid reader on these forums but don't post. But I feel the need to post about this. I ordered the Ultimate Dayan Guhong from Lubixcube.com and the shipping was about right (4 days or so but snow might have slowed it down). As soon as I got it, I opened it up and couldn't believe the quality of not only the cube itself but the lube as well. WOW is all that can be said. Zero lockup and no pops so far. The best cube by far. I'm gonna grab a tube of this stuff and experiment on my other cubes (I generally use JigALoo). But from what I've seen so far with this cube and lube, I'm completely sold. Lubixcube now has a new customer. Now, I'm probably gonna get the Dayan in white to match and then see how the lube works on my current collection.

Anyhoo, 2 thumbs WAY up. Great customer service too. I left a message on their voicemail and got a call back from them within 10 mins and answered everything that I was concerned about (shipping question).

MUST TRY PRODUCT. If you can get the ultimate guhong, it definitely crushes anything I've ever touched by miles.

Mysfyt

YouTube
Visit Channel
and the problem with that would be? On their website, it gave a link to this page and thought I'd share my experience.

I didn't see that it's been 4 months since the last post here, Oh what I crime I committed /sarcasm

Last edited:

Whyusosrs?

Bump much?

He added something to the topic. Please read the site rules. Rule 2d: " [...] 'Bumping' your thread is allowed if you have something of value to add[...]"

On the other hand, take note of Rule 1a: "Respect other users and try to contribute to a nice ambiance on the forum. No personal attacks, or provocation of other forum members[...]"

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seriously...am I the first person who is not that impressed by Lubix? I got it for a month, tried it on different puzzles in different ways and yes, the lube is good, but that's all. I don't find it that fantastic as everybody here is claiming and doesn't outperform others either. I think it is as good as the other lubes.
Indeed, it might last longer, but it doesn't improve the performance of the cube more than others. Actually, for the GuHong I prefer Maru...too bad it wears out immediately. It's just my opinion and I'm curious if I'm the only one. Hope I didn't offend anyone :).

Calvin Laza

.......Actually, for the GuHong I prefer Maru...too bad it wears out immediately. It's just my opinion and I'm curious if I'm the only one. Hope I didn't offend anyone :).
Maru lube is water based, that's why it doesn't last long. If you are into low viscosity solutions you would be better off with silicone based Astroglide. Perfoms about the same as well, last longer, it is made to be safe for skin contact, and it doesn't harm plastic.

In my opinion Lubix works better than any other brands and viscosity differential/shock oil I ever tried