• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Looking for a cubing buddy?

Llewelys

My latest avg 100 is 23.xx, so I’m looking for someone with a similar average.
The goal here is to create a healthy competition and see who’ll reach sub 20 first (a litteral race to sub20). We’ll talk via PM of our progress, difficulties and of course share advice.

I’m working a full time job and when I get home I’m often too tired to cube, so I’ve been plateauing (is that a word?) for months. I believe being in direct competition against someone will give me extra motivation.

Is anyone in?

Edit: I'm editing this so it includes anyone who wants to find a cubing buddy.
Just say you want in and what you average (preferably avg100 or more so it's more accurate). Go for whole seconds unless you're sub10.

I'll edit this post with names of people wanting to be paired up.

@Micah Morrison

@Owen Morrison - paired up for 2x2 only
@Nmile7300 - paired up
@NevEr_QeyX - paired up

@u Cube (Roux)

@Datboi06

@ketchupcuber - paired up
@alexiscubing - paired up

@PetrusQuber - paired up
@Timoth3

@Nuuk cuber

@RyanP12 - paired up
@goidlon - paired up
@Humble Cuber
@Jam88
@WarriorCatCuber
@I'm A Cuber
@Nuuk cuber
@QuestionableCuber

@Cubinwitdapizza (ZZ) - paired up
@The Pocket Cuber - paired up
@GAN 356 X - paired up for 2x2 and 3x3

@EliteCuber - paired up

@BenChristman1 - paired up
@ProStar - paired up
@LukasCubes
@Jerome speedcuber
@EliteCuber

@G0ingInsqne
@CadenG05
@Jack Cuberman
@Fredrick - paired up
@Cube Tribe
@HippieCuber
@MichaelV9304

@Llewelys - paired up
@Deadloxz
@KubkaNoobka (Roux)
@kubesolver - paired up

@Pratyush Manas
@EvanTheCuber - paired up
@Mike3451 - paired up
@Kauhu - paired up

@Master_Disaster - paired up

@KyleTheCuber

@EngineeringBrian
@swburk - paired up
@Lilas ma - paired up

@ari(a cuber) (Roux)
@crazykitten499

@White KB
@ADL

1+
@AvaMarie10102
@C Perm

Last edited:

Deadloxz

I average about that currently. Before I took a break from cubing I was sub 19 rip.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Would you mind if I made a whole thread just for this topic?

Llewelys

Why not use this one ?
I'll edit it so it includes anyone who wants a 'cubing buddy'

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Ok
that was the plan just make a general one. I would have been fine with you changing the name so that it can be a global thread.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I’m looking for a cubing buddy. I averge just below 17 and want to race to sub 15. Anybody?
EDIT: Also I use ZZ and do other events.

Last edited by a moderator:

KubkaNoobka

I am looking for a cubing buddy as well, preferably Roux user. I average low 20s and I want to get sub 20 global. Anybody?

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think in general this is a really good idea. I use a similar method for lots of goals in my life (running a marathon, finishing a book, eating more vegetables, accomplishing ANY goal or task etc.)

I call it "accountability partners" where you each express a given goal and hold each other accountable for working towards that goal. In this case you don't even need to be at the same times necessarily but you could each chat, encourage each other, and race to complete your individual goals of something like removing 3s off your average, improve average by 5%, learn a new algorithm set or subset etc.

GAN 356 X

I use CFOP and average 19 seconds. I am looking for a buddy. Also, I average 5.3 on 2x2, 1:25 on 4x4, and 3:35 on 5x5. If you are any of these times PM me and we can have a race, or even do relays

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Currently averaging mid 17’s with 4LLL, learning PLL and OLL now lol. Would like to be paired
Ayyy you wanna race to sub 15? I’m kinda doing the one mont one method but this month is one of my faster methods so you wanna race?