• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Gotcha, I have seen other people commenting on this matter, and I imagine it's about knowing where the pieces are headed to, once you execute the alg. This is where a lot practice comes into place. Thank you all!
You're welcome:D
Honestly, don't memorize basic algs. Just see what they do. Only memorize the special cases like piece in the slot, joint cases etc.

Hi, I use just standard CFOP method and I am trying to constantly be sub 10 (I can do sub 13 AVG of 100 on good days).
I have noticed the stop that happens while recognizing OLL and PLL is slowing me down (btw I know 2sides PLL recognition) so I'd love to figure out ways to lookahead into OLL while inserting the last slot and lookahead into PLL while doing the OLL algorithm.
Cheers guys

Hi, I use just standard CFOP method and I am trying to constantly be sub 10 (I can do sub 13 AVG of 100 on good days).
I have noticed the stop that happens while recognizing OLL and PLL is slowing me down (btw I know 2sides PLL recognition) so I'd love to figure out ways to lookahead into OLL while inserting the last slot and lookahead into PLL while doing the OLL algorithm.
Cheers guys
Essentially they come with just enough practise. Now, a big part of lookahead is to know where pieces are heading. This is where it all begins to be time immersive. If you really want to be 100% sure about your OLL at the last Slot you would need to know that exactly for every F2L algorithm. But don't lose hope. Try to look into edge orientation. If you already know EO, you can rule out a lot of OLLs every time from recognition. Knowing some VHLS and WV always helps. For OLL there is a -new- recognition method called ROLL/JOLL developed by Jayden McNeill but I can't guarantee anything with it as I haven't used it myself yet. Now, pure OLL exists but that is uninteresting. I'd say start with the H OLL and the L OCLL - they are really good examples to looking ahead to PLL. Now, as with the last slot, knowing Algorithm sets(COLL, OLLCP) never hurts.
Now, to come back to my original Sentense, it's essentially just practise and messing around one case at a time

I've been practicing 4x4 and I've been realizing look ahead (especially when creating edge pairs) is really hard.
Any tips on how to get better at look ahead,