• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KLL

notfeliks

Hm. I think this is pretty neat. It's like this:CFCE::ZBLL:CFOP. I respect all the effort put into this. I might give a shot at learning some of these.

Thanks! To be fair, Josh did pretty much all of the work with the diagrams and algorithms.

Nice. Recognition might be hard though.

Thanks! There's a few paragraphs at the bottom about recognition.

For the second case on the google docs,
M' U M U2 M' U M

For the 3rd case:
y r U R' U' M U R U' R'

Yeah, those are just ELL cases though.There's a note at the top about that.

There are numerous cases in this list that can be done with M (PLL) M' or M' (PLL) M. I'm too lazy to find them all :)

Haha, neither of us noticed that. Pretty bad of us :)

It would be nice if you could number all the cases, so that it's easier to talk about them.

Thanks, done :)

How many cases are there?

Isn't this just anti-zbll. Which was mentioned in Chris Tran's episode of cubecast.

Josh and I were unaware of this. How significant is the work that has been done on it?

these algs are pretty bad

The time it would have taken to make all these algs useable in a solve would have been quite long, so we decided to let everyone else figure them out and adjust the google doc accordingly.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
case 51: l U2 L' U2 L F' L' U' L U L F' L2 U M'
case 60: r' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2 U' M'
case 69: M' U R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U R' U2 M

Some simple cases with setup +PLL

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
...but as hardly any work has been put into that, we thought it was fair to give our names to it.

And just how much work has been put into finding decent algorithms in your googledoc?
What is the point of generating algorithms for speedsolving, if you're only going to generate bad algorithms?
Have you tried any of the algorithms out yourself?

If you care at all about algorithm quality, please learn to search for better algorithms and replace all of the bad algorithms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMLwtnBYw5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8CsQhMHHE
http://mzrg.com/rubik/ksolve+/
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?44457-ksolve-v1-0-general-purpose-algorithm-finder

Oh and don't worry, I don't think anyone will want to claim those algorithms as their own >_>

The time it would have taken to make all these algs useable in a solve would have been quite long...
And how do you know this? Because you've tried?

Last edited:

notfeliks

And just how much work has been put into finding decent algorithms in your googledoc?
What is the point of generating algorithms for speedsolving, if you're only going to generate bad algorithms?
Have you tried any of the algorithms out yourself?

If you care at all about algorithm quality, please learn to search for better algorithms and replace all of the bad algorithms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMLwtnBYw5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8CsQhMHHE
http://mzrg.com/rubik/ksolve+/

Oh and don't worry, I don't think anyone will want to claim those algorithms as their own >_>

And how do you know this? Because you've tried?

With all due respect, there is no need for the insolence. If you're going to give feedback, please be polite instead of obnoxious.

Refer to my last post. I said that we would let the community improve the algorithms and we would adjust the google doc accordingly.

Yes, I have tried. It takes a lot of time to check angles and rotations, and potentially create multiple subalgorithms for each one of the already hundreds of algorithms that have been generated.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cases 1-25 are not necessary, since these algs already exist as a subset called ELL for which better algs exist for all cases. And I think one other case is missing, since ELL should be 29 cases and you have 25 plus 3 of the pure flip cases?

EDIT: you addressed this issue at the top, so it puzzles me as to why you bothered to generate the algs in the first place?

When I tried alg 27, the alg and the case do not match. The R2 U2 R2 U R2 U' L2 U' R2 U F2 L' R F' U2 F' L' R' alg solves the corners by cycling them from UFR to UDB to UBR when the diagram reads the other way. The same is true for all of your A-perm algs, therefore they are all wrong as of now and need swapping.

Also for that case I found this within a few seconds by allowing slice moves - U M U L U F' U' R U R' U F U2 R', something you should consider learning to do next time. Not saying that that particular alg is good, but it is better since it contains at least 2 recognizable 'triggers' (U M U and U' R U R').

A further 20 of these cases are not necessarily as they already exist as a subset 22LL.

With all due respect, there is no need for the insolence. If you're going to give feedback, please be polite instead of obnoxious.

Refer to my last post. I said that we would let the community improve the algorithms and we would adjust the google doc accordingly.

Yes, I have tried. It takes a lot of time to check angles and rotations, and potentially create multiple subalgorithms for each one of the already hundreds of algorithms that have been generated.

Sorry, but it is pretty safe to say that the vast majority of these algs aren't going to be particularly good since you've just generated a couple of algs for each case on Cube Explorer. Rob's points on alg quality are valid - I gave an example above, but you really need to consider using 2-3 gen algs for cases that allow it and picking algorithms with recognizable triggers contained within them. Otherwise they will be difficult to learn and difficult to execute and not many people will have the patience to learn more than 5/10 algs.

Last edited:

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3: R' U' M' U' R U' R' U' R U2 r' U R
4: M U' M' U M' U M' U' M' U' M U M2
6: M2 U M U' M' U' M' U M' U M' U' M
7: M' U M U2 r U R' U M U' R U' R'
11: M U M' U' M' U' M' U M' U M U' M2
27: R' U R U' R' r' F2 r2 U' r' F' R' F2 R2
28: x U' R' U R2 B R2' U R U f R2 (sorry not that great)
29: F' U2 L' U' L U2 L' U' y L' U' L U F R
30: L' U L U2 L U F' L' F L U' L2 U L
43: R' F R U R' U' F' U R2 U R' U' R' F R F'

I did not choose any "easy" cases

I took roughly 35-40 minutes

Last edited:

applemobile

3: R' U' M' U' R U' R' U' R U2 r' U R
4: M U' M' U M' U M' U' M' U' M U M2
6: M2 U M U' M' U' M' U M' U M' U' M
7: M' U M U2 r U R' U M U' R U' R'
11: M U M' U' M' U' M' U M' U M U' M2
27: R' U R U' R' r' F2 r2 U' r' F' R' F2 R2
28: x U' R' U R2 B R2' U R U f R2 (sorry not that great)
29: F' U2 L' U' L U2 L' U' y L' U' L U F R
30: L' U L U2 L U F' L' F L U' L2 U L
43: R' F R U R' U' F' U R2 U R' U' R' F R F'

I did not choose any "easy" cases

I took roughly 35-40 minutes

All vote this is re-named YauLL?

I believe Chris says on the episode that Morley Davidson learnt it all optimally for FMC. Chris posted about him knowing it here, but it doesn't look like he's posted his algs online. Potentially his name (Anti-ZBLL) should be adopted, considering the OP suggests generating all algs is enough for naming rights. At the very least though, this should be a better resource as there'll be some effort put in to finding speed optimal rather than purely move optimal algs.

Edit: corrected by Kirjava and Brest - Anti-ZBLL covers the 4-flip edges cases, CO doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,

Over the past few months, I've been working with fellow member supercavitation (Josh Bloch) to bring you a LL subset that is similar to ZBLL, with the key difference in instead of requiring edges oriented after F2L's completion to one-look the last layer, it's corners oriented. Josh has generously donated his time to generate the algorithms and diagrams found in the link below for this subset, and all we ask is that you use it well, and don't claim it as your own or any of that other nasty stuff. Feel free to discuss pros and cons, feedback, alternate algs, or anything else about this subset here.

Thanks! :D
Tom Maguire and Josh Bloch

PS: We understand that a similar subset exists under "COALL", but as hardly any work has been put into that, we thought it was fair to give our names to it.

This is not new

'Claiming it' is absurd

Do your research

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Rob literally gave you all the feedback and resources you need to improve the algs and you dismiss him as obnoxious? Wow.
(I think you may be underestimating the time that it takes to build such a big alg set...)