• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Is it better to lube a cube by yourself than buying a premium cube?

Scriv58

Is it better? I learned to lube my first speed cube shortly after buying it- I remember being nervous about disassembling it, but all went well. Experimenting with different lubes is all part of the fun of hobby cubing for me. One thing I learned early on is less is more in the lubing process. After buying several different lubes, I have settled on traxxas 50 dnm-37 and max fleet.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Is it better? I learned to lube my first speed cube shortly after buying it- I remember being nervous about disassembling it, but all went well. Experimenting with different lubes is all part of the fun of hobby cubing for me. One thing I learned early on is less is more in the lubing process. After buying several different lubes, I have settled on traxxas 50 dnm-37 and max fleet.
Honestly, it is part of the hobby

FentheGoat

Simple answer: Depends.

Long answer: You can buy a 10cc bottle of most lubes for $10, let's say you buy 5 lubes for $50. It would be cheaper if you got the lubes instead of buying a premium setup. It's. Unless you like a feel of a certain set up and can't re-create it. idk man, depends on the cube and what you want to o and how you want it to feel.