• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

If Fridrich weren't invented, what method would you use?

What method would you use if Fridrich weren't invented?

• Total voters

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How can anyone honestly answer the question in the poll? There is no way to know.

If the question was 'If you could retroactively pick your main method, without the option of CFOP, what would it be?' then I would go for Petrus.

I agree, and I will also choose to respond as if the poll was asking your question, as it seems like a more reasonable question to answer. Maybe the question should be revised to something which doesn't rely on a major event in cubing history not happening, such as CFOP "not being invented". We'll never know what cubing would be like if Fridrich didn't publish a method, so phrasing this question like this seems rather unhelpful (in my opinion).

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
So you're basically saying that no LBL method was invented (which is funny since your poll has LBL), because the odds of an LBL method being invented without the idea to create faster way to build layers is highly unlikely.
Even so, in your near impossible alternate world, I would have learned whichever method was most accessible for a beginner cuber.

The poll doesn't apply to me.

scotzbhoy

WCA
2009COGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I imagine Petrus, since started learning it before I learned CFOP. However I don't see why I mightn't have then learnt Roux, since the fastest non-CFOP solvers use it. I probably would have seen that that's the method the fastest people use and tried to upgrade. I also came up with what I thought was a new F2L method before learning CFOP which was to solve the 4 F2L slots and then insert the cross pieces. Not sure if or how I would have developed that for the LL without CFOP though.

MalusDB

YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually go both ways(giggity).

dats wut she sed hurr durr.
But seriously, I would probably wanna switch to roux too. 5BLD has really shed light on its potential with his insane progress rate. Although its not because he uses roux he progressed so fast, he has undoubtedly highlighted that the advantages aren't blown out of the water by rediculous TPS CFOPers. Also moo-ing is fun :)