• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I've been using Roux for 16 years. But I think I have seen the light today thanks to all of you. Other methods just can't compete. Fridrich has the mo

Silky

The European Day/Month/Year model makes much more sense on a organizational level. It goes from the smallest unit of time to the largest. This also mirrors how we speak conversationally. The April 1st v 1st of April is just semantics however if I were to ask you the date you would understand that I'm asking for the day of the month not the month itself. For example, if a teacher asked you to write the date at the top of a paper, and you asked for the date, they'd say its the 8th not March. It's the classic time traveler joke, 'What's today's date? No.. WHAT YEAR IS IT?". Obviously weird.

On a completely separate note: this is why slice turn notation is actually wrong. Rotations follow the rule of turning in the same direction as R U F, x y z respectively. However, slice turns do not follow this rule. For slice turns M follows L, E follows D, and S follows F. Clearly a mathematician did not come up with this notation. Actually I wonder who official codified the modern notation system..