• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] I made bad methods and practiced them

pillman

I made 2 methods that are horrible and then decided to see how fast I could do them the first method is the

I call it the why pillman why what you do is solve a cross the solve a cross on top solve all corners and then solve the e slice in 1 alg

the second is the pillman are you insane solve the corners then the fist layer with out messing up the corners the usee this alg to solve the second layer [m' U R U' m' U R' U']
THIS IS VERY SIMPLYFIED BUT THEY ARE torture

times WPW 30.27
PAYI 1:30.46

I made 2 methods that are horrible and then decided to see how fast I could do them the first method is the

I call it the why pillman why what you do is solve a cross the solve a cross on top solve all corners and then solve the e slice in 1 alg

the second is the pillman are you insane solve the corners then the fist layer with out messing up the corners the usee this alg to solve the second layer [m' U R U' m' U R' U']
THIS IS VERY SIMPLYFIED BUT THEY ARE torture

times WPW 30.27
PAYI 1:30.46
Looks like fun methods
wait in the first method, the E slice edges is already oriented? if not don't you need to do it in multiple looks?

Looks like fun methods
wait in the first method, the E slice edges is already oriented? if not don't you need to do it in multiple looks?
Nah, the purpose of the method is to be bad, so why bother orienting? That makes life too easy.

In all seriousness, good luck @pillman! It would be interesting to see how far you can go with them

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you mean preserving the rest of the cube while solving the E layer? Since EO is done, you can swap around edges with R2 U2 R2 U2 R2 (Swaps FR and BR)
Oooh, I use that trigger sometimes. I thought you would use a commutator but that way is much better. I also meant solving so sorry about the confusion

Pillman-U:
Step 1: EOLayer (Blockbuilding the first layer while doing EO), if you want you could do 2 look EOLayer by doing FB + EO, then insert the 2 corners and one edge, this way, inspection is more feasible than doing the layer + EO in one look, or if you don't care about efficiency, do EOCross + corners of the D layer.
Movecount of this step should FB (-10) + EO (I dunno) + blockbuilding (I dunno) 2 corners and 1 edge

Step 2: Edges of the U layer (solve edges of the U layer while preserving the D layer corners) Movecount right now is unknown.

Step 3: Pillman-U L8P, Solve the E slice and corners of the last layer with one alg while preserving the U layer edges, permutation, and orientation because the LL edges are already solved, this is like L4C but.. while it does preserve the LL edges completely, it moves around (permuting) the 4 oriented E slice edges, approximately 400 more or fewer algorithms at this stage, you can use CLL recognition for this but you have to do additional recognition for the E slice but it will be easy since the E layer edges are oriented, similar to ZBLL since this solves 8 pieces and ZBLL solves 8 pieces and the edges are oriented but this has arguably better recog and a bit lower algcount,
still wayyy better off learning ZBLL tho cause this thing is only useful in this method. Movecount of this step should be the same as ZBLL

Step 4: F2L and LL-Skip!

dunno what's the avg movecount but I think it depends on how long the Pillman-U L8P algorithm is, I think it will be around 40-60, 40 is the lowest, 44+ is prolly the average and 60 is the highest, or even 60+, 50 is the average maximum, but I dunno cause this is just speculation so take this with a grain of salt.

lol this is super terrible cause of the alg count and inspection with EOLayer is super duper hard
is this method even possible?

ladies and gentlemen, I have discovered a LL skip method! now you will bamboozle people with this amazing method.

Last edited:

pillman

Pillman-Z:
EOCross
Corners of bottom layer
Solving edges of U layer while preserving corners
Solve E layer while preserving everything previously solved
LL using OCLL/PLL for least efficiency

"that is the best method ever thats my new main"