• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to reduce edge pops in Dayan+MF8 4x4

RTh

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,

I bought some weeks ago a Dayan+MF8 4x4 and I'm having some serious trouble with edge pop-ups. Sometimes they just come out while moving the faces, or I accidentally take them out while performing an algorithm.

The problem is, it pops too much. Maybe 1 pop per solve. I just can't use this cube in public xD

Any idea/video/suggestion to avoid this massive pops?

I think Zemdegs uses this cube and he also got a WR with it. No idea how, i can't even solve it once without having a pop.

Well, thanks for your help =]

PD: Apologizes for any grammar mistake, I don't use to write in English =/

Karth

WCA
2011THOR01
Tighten it, and break it in.
I had the same problem at first but then I just decided stiffer cube>pops after using it for a while it just has gotten better and better

RTh

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tighten it, and break it in.
I had the same problem at first but then I just decided stiffer cube>pops after using it for a while it just has gotten better and better

It pops just as much as when it was loose.

Tighten it and take the cube completely apart and lube the "3x3" core in the middle and break it in more.

I've already lubed the core. Those pops don't have much to do with the core. A few minutes ago I got a triple pop while performing a T- perm alg, and the next scrabble it popped twice.

This edge pieces are just terribly designed.

I'm gonna break it in as much as I can, but I'm quite disappointed already.

Last edited:

spy320net

YouTube
Visit Channel
pop

I just got my Dayan 4x4, lubed it and it still pops. All screws are tighted. You can catch the edge cubie and get it out without any force. And that is one of most expensive 4x4 cubes :mad:

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got my Dayan 4x4, lubed it and it still pops. All screws are tighted. You can catch the edge cubie and get it out without any force. And that is one of most expensive 4x4 cubes :mad:
That's just the way the cube is. Either get a new cube, or learn to turn more accurately.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

the screws that you see when you pop an edge piece out aren't the screws you should be adjusting. You need to adjust the internal 2x2 core screws to make it tighter.

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's just the way the cube is. Either get a new cube, or learn to turn more accurately.

I agree. It's just the way the cube is. I had to stop using mine outside because I would pop it too often. Try going slow and turning more accurately until you get used to its charactaristics.

The X-Cube pops just as often IMO and it takes more time to fix. If you want something that is almost unpopable then get a Lan-Lan or a QJ. Those lack springs though, so you'll have to be even more accurate just to speed solve them...

RTh

YouTube
Visit Channel
Would you look at that... My thread came back to life!

Tighten the outter shells' screws, adjust the inner core ones. Just use it a lot and lube it properly.