• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How-to/Guide Request Thread

immortalcube

Qhorin on Youtube has some Roux tutorials, I don't know how good they are though (I only watched parts of them, back when I first started speedcubing).

Tsuris

gabbasoft

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the "centers" of a 5x5 with "cut corners" or arrows such as those found in the gabbasoft program. I have found ways of solving all but the last one, which I have gotten down to this

/\ /\ /\
> /\ /\
/\ < /\

The rest of the cube is not solved, so i can mess edges/corners as much as needed, so long as it does't mess up any of the other centers. I tried the 4x4 method I found on these forums for this (slighly modified) and got it better, but this is as far as I could take it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Tsuris
Patrick

MistArts

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the "centers" of a 5x5 with "cut corners" or arrows such as those found in the gabbasoft program. I have found ways of solving all but the last one, which I have gotten down to this

/\ /\ /\
> /\ /\
/\ < /\

The rest of the cube is not solved, so i can mess edges/corners as much as needed, so long as it does't mess up any of the other centers. I tried the 4x4 method I found on these forums for this (slighly modified) and got it better, but this is as far as I could take it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Tsuris
Patrick

You have parity. Put center on U and do (r U2)*5. Then do a 3-cycle.

BadgerSex

I really want to see a good waterman tutorial with algorithms that aren't from the 80s, and a better format (maybe a printable algorithm sheet too)

Last edited:

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
v-7 help

hey...i'm getting a v-7 sometime over the next week
does any1 know a site that teaches how to do it?
i can do these puzzles so far:
2x2
3x3
4x4
5x5(VERY beginners method)
and other non-cube ones(megaminx, pyraminx, etc)
so...even an example vid or pics going through one of their solves would be great
Thanks alot!

-StachuK1992

Mr. E

just as pcharles93 said. If you can do the 5x5 the you will be able to do the 7x7. It will just take longer to get the centers and everything else.

H

hdskull

quintedges(5edges) lol
just, what order should i do them in
quick video would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have a 7x7 to show you in video, but here's the general idea. When I solved it, I figured it was easier to pair(match) from the outside in, so that the 2 outermost edges becomes paired. After that you should know how to solve it like a 5x5.

untitled.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Edges are easy, it's the centers that are a bit awkward, or at least the last two. I have my own method which I figured out myself which is probably inefficient, but it gets the job done.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will make a video tutorial for 7x7x7 this weekend, but I encourage you to figure it out yourself!

All the theory you should need is this: Solve it with any system that works on the 5x5x5. Reduction, Caging, Layer-by-Layer, etc all work "the same" as on a 5x5x5.

I will post the tutorial on my youtube-channel and link to it from the howto section of this forum. It should be up there on sunday evening at the latest.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will make a video tutorial for 7x7x7 this weekend, but I encourage you to figure it out yourself!

All the theory you should need is this: Solve it with any system that works on the 5x5x5. Reduction, Caging, Layer-by-Layer, etc all work "the same" as on a 5x5x5.

I will post the tutorial on my youtube-channel and link to it from the howto section of this forum. It should be up there on sunday evening at the latest.
cool, thank you

apparantly the shipping takes longer, so your vid might be out before i get my v5 and v7