• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How-to/Guide Request Thread

darkzelkova

Hmm, it appears I made it stop! Probably the worst possible way... oh well. I took off the caps, and being unable to change anything, I tried to put them back on. However, they wouldn't stay with glue just on the outside, so I took a large dollop of glue, filled up the entire cap, and put it back on (I was feeling really stupid I guess).Then the caps stayed on. I put my cube back together, and was spinning it, and noticed that they ringing had stopped on the caps I had put glue on! I then took off the other caps, and filled them with glue (as I said, I was feeling really stupid). The ringing had stopped entirely! Later, I took my cube apart, to see how it was doing, and I noticed that some of the glue had leaked from the bottom of the center cap. This was when I realized how stupid I was. I cleaned off the glue, and put it back together. I wanted to keep the parts moving, so that they wouldn't get stuck. I cleaned the glue off about every hour and a half or so. At night, I took my cube apart, and left it. In the morning, the glue still hadn't dried! And the ringing was gone! So yeah. I wish that I had attached the caps differently... and had put lube in there instead.. but oh well.

Tomarse

WCA
2008DOOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've seen a few F2L videos, like to teach the basics, but no one really goes much into depth to help people switching from beginner to CFOP, i understand that the F2L can be totally intuitive but i think someone going into more detail would help certain people. i still struggle a little bit :p

Dyste

I think it would be nice if some fast Roux solvers would post some videos about block-building, though it's supposed to be more intuitive than Fridrich F2L. Perhaps then there would be more interest and more diversity in the use of methods.

As of right now, there are really only the ones from Richard.

kudan

A little help with custom stickers will be great. :D Since my parents flat out refuse to allow me to buy anything online, I can't buy from cubesmith etc.

I was thinking of using photo paper, applying super glue and then a layer of nail polish.

However, I'm not so sure if there will be any bad effects from applying super glue. And... will the stickers become waterproof because of the coating of nail polish? I would like to soak the pieces in warm soap water once in a while to clean them.

Improvements and/or other suggestions greatly appreciated, I'll like to see most available options before I replace those horrible rubiks stickers. xD

Cerberus

WCA
2007CHRI03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would recommend, ask a friend to order the stickers for you, they are quite cheap and there should not be the problem to give a friend 3 or 4 dollars and let him order the stikers or if you got somebody near you cubing talk with him about order together if you order for more than 15$ you will save the 2$ shipping....
other idea is to look around to get coloured pvc stickers, but then you get a roll of them and have to cut it to make it match...

kudan

I would recommend, ask a friend to order the stickers for you, they are quite cheap and there should not be the problem to give a friend 3 or 4 dollars and let him order the stikers or if you got somebody near you cubing talk with him about order together if you order for more than 15$ you will save the 2$ shipping....
other idea is to look around to get coloured pvc stickers, but then you get a roll of them and have to cut it to make it match...

I have been thinking about that too, maybe I should start looking around for someone willing to order the stickers for me. xD
PVC stickers might work... Are all PVC stickers waterproof? I'm afraid that the adhesive isn't and falls off when I wash it in warm soap water.

Thanks for the suggestions! ^^

luckyownz92

A little help with custom stickers will be great. :D Since my parents flat out refuse to allow me to buy anything online, I can't buy from cubesmith etc.

I was thinking of using photo paper, applying super glue and then a layer of nail polish.

However, I'm not so sure if there will be any bad effects from applying super glue. And... will the stickers become waterproof because of the coating of nail polish? I would like to soak the pieces in warm soap water once in a while to clean them.

Improvements and/or other suggestions greatly appreciated, I'll like to see most available options before I replace those horrible rubiks stickers. xD
You can order Cubesmith stickers by mail order. His address is right on the FAQ and so are the details for the order.