• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How-to/Guide Request Thread

dougreed

Hi everyone,

Is there a certain cube-related discipline you cannot seem to master? Is there a certain method or technique that you have heard of, but do not understand?

Well, look no further. Post your guide requests in this thread, and anyone who is willing and capable of writing a how-to can feel free to respond by taking a shot at it.

Ask here or PM me with any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Doug Reed

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Griz: Do a quick search of the forum and you will find that answer. There are videos out there just for that.

drkmagicicard: We don't have any tutorial vids about those on here yet, perhaps someone could make them. Do you need any specific help? If so, ask in the speedsolving forum. And while you are there, ask if someone can make a How-To vid.

apopletic: You may want to post in the speedcubing forum for this.

yttri: Do a quick search on here, or on Google and you will find it. There are some nice discussions about it on here, as well as some tutorial videos.

fw

I could need such a video too.. I have an completely "unstringed" magic (which meens I have all the pieces and all the stirngs, but nothing is connected).. Is there any hope? :)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I still have the video, and will post it up ASAP. I am going to be real busy for the next week, but will try to get it up tomorrow.

Sadly, I need to restring mine as well.

TigerTom

Hi,

I have learnt the layer by layer approach, from this page by Jasmine Lee.

I believe the notation is 'Singmaster notation', and I found the notation and page quite easy to follow compared to other pages.

Is there a tutorial of the Petrus method, that is laid out with Singmaster notation? I find the Java applet much much harder to follow.

Thanks!

Johannes91

I need a roux tutorial, i looked at the youtube one(richard meyers) and giles site, they both don't work, i can't get step number 4!!

Saying that the tutorials "don't work" is silly. Try harder, learning new things takes time.

Gilles explaines step 4 quite well IMO. Just read it very carefully, one step at a time. Can you understand 4a? If not, how far can you get?

And please try to spell at least names correctly.

Last edited: