• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I get sub 15 on 3x3?

DRAGON_RYU

but you know?
my look ahead is really worse with cross on bottom.
I even got 17 seconds on F2L!!!!!!!

NaeosPsy, that's a good idea.
oh, also.
I'm really weak on doing D's.

DRAGON_RYU

OK.
Thanks very much.
Now.
Does the fact that my times don't really change right now happen for most sub 20 almost sub 15 cubers?
Or is it that I'm an idiot?

tozies24

WCA
2010TOZI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would recommend cross on the bottom. I sucked at D turns and then after working at it, I was able to get them down decently. You shouldn't expect to get the same exact times when you switch from f2l on left to f2l on bottom or whatever. You just need to practice a lot to get used to it. You also can't expect to have good lookahead right away because you haven't really solved the cube like that before. It would be like starting a new method since you have to find out all the new algs and stuff.

Dacuba

I'm going sub15 and have a average of mid16 (not 10/12 stuff, real average).

And I'm progressing well (1 Second a month on average)

Pandadudex96

WCA
2010WONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For example on CanadianCubing.com, go to algorithm aid on the top in the bar. Type in the alg that should be executed on the top with cross on bottom then you can convert through different axises like reflecting over RL, Reflect over RL and FB or even only reflecting over FB. I never tested it out for having cross on left so sorry about that. Oh yea, you can also invert the algorithm so it doesn't really hurt to try it out.

WCA
2012ROCK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you become sub 15?

So I am sub 20 right now. High 18 and low 19. I'm not really sure what I should be practicing to become sub 15. I know it would be good to learn full OLL. I am working on that. I know I need to have F2L with cross about 10 seconds or less. But how do you practice normal solves? Slow looking ahead solves?

Now last layer how fast do I need it? At least under 5 seconds? I have a slow last layer 6 to 9 seconds. Do I drill my PLL and OLL. Sub 3 PLL and sub 2 OLL. That is what I'm thinking.

anyway it would be alot of help if you can tell me the break down and how to practice to get those break downs. And did you just do timed solves? Or something else.

So thanks in advance for the help hopefully I can get sub 15 soon.