• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I get sub 15 on 3x3?

D

Deleted member 2864

cube more, achieve fasts.
...another candle lit and a pint of grape juice consumed. One day BigGreen, ima accomplish my 1/4 of your 2 cents goal.

It's kinda hard to see what you're doing from that angle. Just try to turn as fast as you can while being able to maintain a decent look ahead. Your times will decrease eventually as you get better at looking ahead while turning fast. It's a matter of balancing out look ahead and fast turning imo. Although, I'm only beginning to cross sub 15. XD

Pretty much, just practice.

EDIT: I'm not saying "slow down and look ahead". I think that's just an overly repeated phrase to make you seem insightful. Slowing down too much will be just as costly imo and from my experience. Rather, "balance look ahead and turning speed" is what I'm saying. Eventually you'll be able to turn faster while maintaining the same look ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

QCcuber4

WCA
2010PAGE01
here is the video of my average of 5 ( the forth time is DNF , ashame) .After watch the video please help me , thanks .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE23z_oED2k

I average about as much as you, but still my tip would be, stand close to the mat for a first, it would make you save a bit of time not having to drive your car to the spacebar.

second: My problem is f2l look-ahead, maybe its yours too, it is most of the time... I practice slower, but emphasize on look-ahead to a point where i never stop, and gradually try going faster on each solve. I got sub 20 pretty quickly using this practice method.

Third and last: thats my personnal opinion, but i believe learning 2 or even 3 algorithms for any single case is a big plus, of course im not talking about 2 algs that work for the same angle, more like, not having to rotate the cube 180 on t-perm for example, i use (L U L' U' Rw' U L2 x' U' L' U' L U L' B')

It saves me having to do U2 twice...

My 2-cents, hope it gave you somthing ;)

spdcbr

Well I really cant see much from that angle, but I think its mostly your f2l so try to increase your turning speed and look-ahead. Yeahh and that's about it! Keep practicing!

Off topic: My investgations lead me to the fact that you are Korean (might be wrong :3). Are you?
안녕! lol :p

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think getting better at big cubes will help your 3x3 times. I didn't watch your vid so i can't say for certain what you need but -

Learn f2l from all angles to minimize cube rotations, 1-3 max

Learn full OLL/PLL and practice your algs til you can do all of them sub 2 consistently. (you may need to go back and learn new algs if you have trouble with some of yours)

Practice cross blindfolded and always make sure you use 8(7) moves or less. Get cross done in < 2 seconds every solve

Cross + F2l should be 8-10 seconds or so on average to get sub 15 solves.

spdcbr

i have a Korean friend , but i`m Vietnamese , you`re Korean?

Yeah. It's just that your videos were so Korean ^^;;. lol well ghosthands can be found in korea (Feliks video), the song from the stop motion was from a Korean drama, and the tv in your average was sony (most Koreans use sony) and the fan looked asian. :p well yeah they all led to you being korean but I was wrong -.- lol fail

Chrish

WCA
2010HARG01
The way I currently solve my cross is this:

I just put all the white edges to the white center piece, then I permute them. So if two adjacent as wrong, R U R' U' fixes it, if two opposites are swapped, I do X M U2 M', then move onto my F2L.

This is what I taught myself when I started cubing 3 years ago with the beginners method and never thought to change it. I can average 18-19 atm but can't seem to get past that. And I'm wondering if my cross is what's slowing me down.

From what I explained, does my cross seem inefficient? If needed I can upload a video to show what I do visually.

hawkmp4

The way I currently solve my cross is this:

I just put all the white edges to the white center piece, then I permute them. So if two adjacent as wrong, R U R' U' fixes it, if two opposites are swapped, I do X M U2 M', then move onto my F2L.

This is what I taught myself when I started cubing 3 years ago with the beginners method and never thought to change it. I can average 18-19 atm but can't seem to get past that. And I'm wondering if my cross is what's slowing me down.

From what I explained, does my cross seem inefficient? If needed I can upload a video to show what I do visually.

How long does the cross take you?