• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How can I slow down my Moyu pyraminx tips?

Jacman8

Please help.

I average 10 seconds with my moyu pyraminx but in my solve i keep unintentionally twisting the corners so that the solved ones are unsolved and i have to redo them.

How can i make them harder to turn them down and prevent this?

Last edited:

Jacman8

yes to prevent them from turning when they are already solved because i keep unintentionally twisting them.

supercube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't exactly know how to do it but if you put two kinds on lube sometimes they get sticky. my lubix fusion had traxxis diff oil on it but then I wiped it off. I put a small amount of silicone weight 1. did some solves. then I put 4 drops of maru lube. this raised the threshold for initial torque required to turn but it somehow did not affect the torque needed to maintain motion. basically it is sticky and smooth at the same time. completely solved the problem of accidentally turning faces just by holding the cube. your results will probably vary.

a more deterministic way might be to use 600 grit sandpaper to make groves emanating away from the axis. you can do a little bit at first to see what happens. you can also clean it up with 2000 grit to do some fine tuning and remove sharp edges left by the 600 grit.

SHualong

WCA
2015HUAN17
Try to change your turning style, not alter the puzzle-remember that it will take more time/force to turn them if you make them intentionally bad.

On the other hand, what's wrong with your current dirt solution?