• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Feeling like I slowed down in terms of cubing after I passed out

YouTube
Visit Channel
On Saturday I had a band competition and then a football game right after (I am in high school.) I am in the school’s color guard so when I was tossing a flag at practice last week I had a severe nosebleed and broke my nose. I have been feeling like **** ever since. I have become a lot loopier and felt not like my normal self.

So on Saturday I had a brief minute or two long fainting episode during the game since I exerted myself a lot and it was hot as hell outside and I lost a pint of blood the day before. Since I passed out I felt like my cubing has slowed down. I went from a 35 sec average on 3x3 to a 40-45 sec average although I did get a PLL skip which led to me getting a PB of 26. What do I do?

SenorJuan

What to do? You need to let your body recover.
Losing blood is often tiring, ask anyone who has donated blood. Exerting yourself, particularly if it's hot, can lead to dehydration, which is not a trivial matter. It can certainly bring on major headaches, lethargy, vision disturbances.
So ensure you're consuming enough fluid, rest plenty, and be patient.

I've never ( so far ) managed to break my nose; just my leg, my toes, my ribs and my skull .... all of them were accompanied by tiredness, it seems it's just part of the body's response to injury/pain.

Rather than trying to break cubing records, maybe just cube for fun.

YouTube
Visit Channel
What to do? You need to let your body recover.
Losing blood is often tiring, ask anyone who has donated blood. Exerting yourself, particularly if it's hot, can lead to dehydration, which is not a trivial matter. It can certainly bring on major headaches, lethargy, vision disturbances.
So ensure you're consuming enough fluid, rest plenty, and be patient.

I've never ( so far ) managed to break my nose; just my leg, my toes, my ribs and my skull .... all of them were accompanied by tiredness, it seems it's just part of the body's response to injury/pain.

Rather than trying to break cubing records, maybe just cube for fun.
It’s mandatory so I had to go. I was tired but they made me perform anyway since I wasn’t sick.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
It's amazing how stupid American programs can be at times. It's not right making someone do so much exhausting physical activity so soon after an injury.

Just get plenty of rest, getting faster at cubing shouldn't be a concern now. When life gets rough it shouldn't be surprising that it will affect your times. Allow yourself to recover before making another issue for yourself.

Thom S.

Makes me wonder if the trips to the mental clinic did affect my times as well...

But I mean, very Idiotic of those in charge just making you play despite losing a lot of blood before.

Foreright

Quite honestly you shouldn’t underestimate how much being tired affects your ability to do anything where you have to concentrate. I have 3 kids, two of them under 4, who seemingly don’t need to ever sleep so I’m very familiar with this feeling :)