• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Connecting a Stackmat timer to computer

qq280833822

WCA
2008CHEN27
Recently, I'm trying to find a robust solution to connect stackmat to laptop, mobile phone, etc.
Currently, the most convenient and robust way is to use an external USB sound card, since most of the problem is due to the internal sound card of your laptop or mobile phone. However, since there are many kinds of external USB sound card, it is hard for me to verify which of them work as expected.
In mainland china, this sound card works as expected (for both laptop and mobile phone): https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.4.79f8275c7vRjhx&id=520633346880&ns=1&abbucket=4

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
It is quite possibly your internal sound card. I couldn't get my Stackmat timer to work with my pc so I bought a couple of cheap usb sound cards for a couple dollars from eBay. Works perfectly with the Stackmat timer.

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_084054.jpg
    IMG_20191116_084054.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 5

ramzol

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello
I have a problem with the timer when I connect it to a laptop (I use a microphone-headphone splitter)
I turn on the stackmat option in cstimer when i want to solve timer is stopping at 0.005; 0.003 etc. or not start at all. After disconnecting the cable, the timer operates normally. I use jack-2x jack splitter, not usb-2x jack.

Last edited:

PugCuber

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I asked this in a different thread, but I think I will be able to get more help here. CSTimer was just updated, and for some reason, the way CSTimer connects stackmat has changed. I have the right cables and whatnot, but when I change the 'Entering in Times with' to stackmat, and when I press 'OK', the little microphone thing in the url search bar isn't there. Does anyone know how to fix this? I use Mac btw.

Ayce

Maybe go into settings, check what sites are currently using your mic, (add cs if it isn't already there) If it is there then remove it from the allowed sites (ask before using) and with your timer connected go into cstimer (make sure you have https:// in front of it) and let it ask for your mic, allow it and tell me if it works.
bump @ProStar

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, I'm having problems connecting my stackmat to my computer. I have this adapter because I'm using a laptop. I have Windows 10. The problem is that my computer never recognizes the stackmat as a microphone. I have all the latest drivers. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging the cable, etc. The cable works with my desktop computer, which has a dedicated microphone jack, and the headphone part of the splitter works just fine, so the cables aren't the problem. Can anyone help?

CFOPboi

This thread is for any trouble with timers or computers. put your questions here too! My question is about a little issue. My Stackmat is connected to my computer and works, but sometimes cstimer starts inspection randomly. if you know why or how to fix please reply

Last edited:
Connecting a stackmat to a computer is known to cause problems. I would recommend you use typing instead. However, I haven't experimented much with connecting, so wait for other answers too.

swburk

I'm unable to connect my StackMat to my computer. It never recognizes it as a microphone. I'm using this cable. My guess is it's because the cable is TRS (Tip, ring, sleeve), and it needs to be TRRS (Tip, ring, ring, sleeve) since it is being used as a microphone. I didn't think about that before buying the cable though.

Does anyone have a cable recommendation that works?

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm unable to connect my StackMat to my computer. It never recognizes it as a microphone. I'm using this cable. My guess is it's because the cable is TRS (Tip, ring, sleeve), and it needs to be TRRS (Tip, ring, ring, sleeve) since it is being used as a microphone. I didn't think about that before buying the cable though.

Does anyone have a cable recommendation that works?
Your suspicion is correct. You'll need this adapter. (Or one like it, but make sure it goes to USB)

swburk

Your suspicion is correct. You'll need this adapter. (Or one like it, but make sure it goes to USB)

Ok thank you. I got this cable, and this adapter since the cables need to be TRRS, but they still didn't work on their own. So I I need to plug the adapter into the stackmat, the cable into the adapter, the cable into the USB adapter you suggested, and then plug that into the USB port on my computer?

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok thank you. I got this cable, and this adapter since the cables need to be TRRS, but they still didn't work on their own. So I I need to plug the adapter into the stackmat, the cable into the adapter, the cable into the USB adapter you suggested, and then plug that into the USB port on my computer?
Yep, pretty much, haha. I just got a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable to cut out the middle adapter but it should work with what you have.