• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello, I'm a sub-20 cuber who uses roux

Miserable_Sea

Hello everyone!

I'm a girl in my early 20s from the Balkans. I have been cubing for almost 2 years with a lot of small breaks in between.

I enjoy magnetizing and setting up 3x3s. My collection is around 50 puzzles, most of them non-WCA. I like figuring out new puzzles and creating solutions for them. So far my favorite has been the YJ petal pyraminx and maple leaves skewb.

My main event right now is 3x3. Last year, when I was averaging around 23-24 with CFOP, I changed methods and a month or two ago I became sub-20. I have only been to one competition and managed to get a sub-25 average. I don't really have a 3x3 main anymore. I change between the RS3 M, RS2 M, YLM M and the meilong M.

When it comes to goals, my 3x3 goal was to be sub-20, so now that I got that, I am trying to have more efficient solves.
I also want to get good at BLD, but I can't practice it often, so for now it is on pause. I use OP/M2.
Lately I have been doing 4x4. Yau and Meyer didn't work for me, so I tried Hoya and it is my main method for bigger cubes. It makes me want to practice more.

Besides cubing, I also like playing Minecraft and Stardew Valley in my free time. I am pretty active in the r/Cubers subreddit and my username is the same.

My PBs:
3x3 - 11.10
4x4 - 1:17.76
skewb - 3.18 (really lucky, I average barely sub-15)
2x2 - 3.04
3BLD - 3:15.39

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone!

I'm a girl in my early 20s from the Balkans. I have been cubing for almost 2 years with a lot of small breaks in between.

I enjoy magnetizing and setting up 3x3s. My collection is around 50 puzzles, most of them non-WCA. I like figuring out new puzzles and creating solutions for them. So far my favorite has been the YJ petal pyraminx and maple leaves skewb.

My main event right now is 3x3. Last year, when I was averaging around 23-24 with CFOP, I changed methods and a month or two ago I became sub-20. I have only been to one competition and managed to get a sub-25 average. I don't really have a 3x3 main anymore. I change between the RS3 M, RS2 M, YLM M and the meilong M.

When it comes to goals, my 3x3 goal was to be sub-20, so now that I got that, I am trying to have more efficient solves.
I also want to get good at BLD, but I can't practice it often, so for now it is on pause. I use OP/M2.
Lately I have been doing 4x4. Yau and Meyer didn't work for me, so I tried Hoya and it is my main method for bigger cubes. It makes me want to practice more.

Besides cubing, I also like playing Minecraft and Stardew Valley in my free time. I am pretty active in the r/Cubers subreddit and my username is the same.

My PBs:
3x3 - 11.10
4x4 - 1:17.76
skewb - 3.18 (really lucky, I average barely sub-15)
2x2 - 3.04
3BLD - 3:15.39
ayyy another MC player!!!
Cool that you use hoya, and you have a lot of potential for BLD! M2/OP can get u very far

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can we move this to the debate thread then? And also, it’s not about which method is best, it’s about which one you enjoy the most.

Can we move this to the debate thread then? And also, it’s not about which method is best, it’s about which one you enjoy the most.

TBH, I like Roux more but I'm already sub 14 with CFOP, it would be counter-productive to switch then.

I'm A Cuber

That’s not the debate thread