• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Haiyan's Haiyan Cube vs. Haiyan's Memory Cube

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think (not sure) I am going to get a few new cubes very soon, and I am wondering if I should order the A-6/Haiyan's cube or Haiyan memory? I have not seen any youtube videos comparing, but I really want to get one. I am just about to get A-6, but can anyone try to convince me to get the memory cube? Or is it not worth the money....?
(I would buy from speedcubeshop.com)

iasimp1997

WCA
2010SIMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haiyan cube. Most people here are extremely rough turners (and i mean, EXTREMELY rough) and therefore lock up a lot with the haiyan. But I find that if you are a a part of the 5% of people who turn lightly, you can turn EXTREMELY fast with it.

hahahaha

I have a haiyans haiyan cube and it's awsome. Probably because I'm not even good at 3x3 anyway. 30 seconds around. I am not a rough turner, and I don't find it locking up. It also has great corner cutting. So colinbxyz might as well just buy the haiyan cube. memory is expensive.

btw, the haiyans haiyan cube has a clicky feel to it. It's not so bad and I like it. Maybe it's a personal preference thing.

Last edited:

o2gulo

Haiyan Memory I thikn. Even if the price is $20 it's worth it.You'll never regret it. Havent tried haiyan's cube yet but my friend says it sucks bad.

Akuma

WCA
2010COST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why do they call the Haiyans Cube = "Alpha VI"? It's not an Alpha VI as far as I know.
If you are THAT interested in getting the Haiyan Memory you can just buy an Alpha-V and mod it yourself and save $10.
In my opinion, neither is that great. The DaiYan GuHong is far superior.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Haiyan cube is one of my best cubes...
I lube it with D39 and it's a boss as long as you don't turn Guhong style.

And as for the Guhong, it's not even that great because whenever I do get into Guhong mode, it explodes. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not the perfect cube.