• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Goals Thread

jronge94

WCA
2014RONG01
Next comp coming weekend:
3x3: finally get a bloody sub-11 single and if possible a sub-13 avg (should have 3 rounds)
2x2: only use CLL and get a sub-4 avg (official pb is 3.61)
4x4: another sub-50 single and sub-55 avg
5x5: get something less trash than my last competition
6x6: make 3:30 cut-off (would be official pb single)
OH: another sub-23 avg and pb single wanna get a sub-18
mega: might practice this the coming days, might not, don't really care
pyra: sub 7.5 avg
skewb: sub-9 avg and sub-6 single
sq-1: Really really don't care might do an ao12 this week to re-learn some algs
3-bld: learning 3-style corners atm so I'm probably not going to get a good result as I'm not really pushing memo atm
4bld: success preferably sub-15 (mo3 seems a bit too difficult though)
multi: 9/9 sub-55 I'll also settle for 8/9 anything less I'm going to cry.

MattP98

WCA
2016PRES04
Next comp is British Summer Open in a little under 2 weeks, listing goals now as I'll probably forget by then. Originally was down to do all events, but withdrew from almost half as I'm staffing and need the availability. Out of practice for many events, not setting the bar too high.

3x3: PR single (near enough sub-11), sub-13 average.
4x4/5x5: Don't embarrass myself. Low-50s/low 1:40s respectively.
3BLD: Only event I'm really practising right now. PR single, hopefully sub-1:00. PR mean would also be great but with only 1 round I'm prioritising single.
Clock: Really out of practice, and my clock's broken again. Hopefully keep my current sub-8 streak alive, and maybe podium. PRs are probably out of the question.
Skewb: Sub-5.4 average/unnemesize myself from Daniel Sheppard - my last UK nemesis. Sub-5 would be amazing, and I'm overdue for a PR/sub-3 single too.
SQ-1: Sub-20 average.
4BLD: Sub-10:00 success, maybe go for a mean but I'm really not expecting that to happen.
5BLD: Go big or go home. Either PB or DNF.
MBLD: Probably going to attempt 11 again. Hopefully get at least 10 to meet the 9 point UKC qualification.

Final goal is to have fun, see people again for the first time since Easter, and do well as staff.

Goals for US Nats:
2x2: IDC
3x3: PB average (preferably sub-10)
4x4: PB single and average, hopefully sub-40
5x5: PB single and average, hopefully sub-1:20
3x3 OH: PB single and average, try to get sub-28 average.
Skewb: PB average
Pyra; Get good scrambles so I dont fail
Squan: Finally get a PB average, it has been forever

These are ambitious goals, but hey, it never hurt anyone, right?

Izaden

3x3 get good at planning the cross and recognising/efficiently solving f2l pairs by the end of the year.
2x2 sub 20 ao100 by the end of the year.
4x4 get one and learn to solve it.

Iwannaganx

Sub 30 on 3x3 by the end of the year.
I've decided sub 30 is when I can consider myself 'ok'.
Often non cubers will be like "wow 40 seconds that's so fast" and I'm like no it's not. But I think at sub 30 I can say yes that's not bad

GAN 356 X

Sub 30 on 3x3 by the end of the year.
I've decided sub 30 is when I can consider myself 'ok'.
Often non cubers will be like "wow 40 seconds that's so fast" and I'm like no it's not. But I think at sub 30 I can say yes that's not bad
That should be pretty easy to do. I averaged 40 seconds and got my times down to 23 seconds in about 3-4-5 months