• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GAN 13 Maglev

Ander

Seems like the non-fx is the more "complete" version if I understand correctly, but I'm not really sure. Guess we'll see at launch.

Kaiju_cube

Not quite sure I get what the fx is supposed to be.

I'm wondering how much more speedcubes can realistically "improve". There has to be a point of plateau. How much different can the 13 be from the 12?

For a while there it seemed like companies were releasing a new cube every week. Qiyi, Gan, Dayan, Moyu, MGC, YJ, .. then maglev hit,.. and it sort of stopped.

We got 3 maglev cubes (that I know of, RS3, Weilong, Gan),.. and ... doesn't seem like much has happened. since.

I'm curious about the 13 and what improvements it could have over the 12. If any, .. it's probably just different.

I never picked up a 12, maybe when the 13 comes out and the price drops some I'll grab one. I still think the 356 M Lite is a great Gan cube,.. and the 11 Duo is fantastic as well.

Not trying to sound negative. I own dozens and dozens of speedcubes and if I'm honest with myself they all perform pretty similar,.. some have a different feel but they're all about the same. I just wonder how much more innovation can there really be in our favorite twisty puzzles.

Kaiju_cube

so it's a Gan 12 but with edge magnets as well as the corners.

I guess that's an upgrade.

$85. cube.

Wonder if the 12's will be cheaper now.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Depends on how you look at it. I'd like to see GAN try making a different line of cubes instead of just adding a feature, raising the price and calling it a day.
There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes. They probably spent an entire week thinking of just the name. And I'm sure recycling the design from the 11 and 12 and just adding one single thing took months of hard work and determination.

Let's not jump to conclusions.

Edit: Correction, GAN did change the design of their adjustment system. I do not yet know the purpose but it is not something that should be overlooked. This makes two things!

Last edited: