• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Full 1LLL

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
Given what happened with ZBLL, I wouldn't be surprised if learning a lot of 1LLL becomes standardised.
I could even see a kind of 2-alg pauseless approach being taken like with square-1 PBL possibly? Maybe?

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've heard that some top cubers can essentially always predict PLL from OLL (mostly subconsciously from what I understand). Jayden McNeill has ROLL and JOLL, which allows you to narrow PLL down to about 1/6 of the cases.
meanwhile me feeling the king of the black coconut candy because I can predict auf before pll

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
I've heard that some top cubers can essentially always predict PLL from OLL (mostly subconsciously from what I understand). Jayden McNeill has ROLL and JOLL, which allows you to narrow PLL down to about 1/6 of the cases.
That's pretty cool, but I think the reason behind 2-alg PBL was to get a lower slice count than CP/EP.
If you could theoretically learn a set of relatively short 1LLL algs, maybe about as large as ZBLL (or less maybe), that when combined could solve every 1LLL case, and end up with a lower movecount, that would be great, but it seems slightly out of the realm of viability to me.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's pretty cool, but I think the reason behind 2-alg PBL was to get a lower slice count than CP/EP.
If you could theoretically learn a set of relatively short 1LLL algs, maybe about as large as ZBLL (or less maybe), that when combined could solve every 1LLL case, and end up with a lower movecount, that would be great, but it seems slightly out of the realm of viability to me.
You can. There are even sites out where you put in the desired algs and it shows what every combo covers. Look up stuff like DUPLEX.

Thom S.

Different thing because predicting both Layers before CP is incredibly easy(I personally recognise CP and EO at the same time so I just need to look at the Edges before PBL) but except for when you use Pure OLL, OLL isn't that easy to learn piece manipulation( F R U R' U' F' is a Y Perm, ******* am I right) as it is CP.

If you could theoretically learn a set of relatively short 1LLL algs, maybe about as large as ZBLL (or less maybe), that when combined could solve every 1LLL case, and end up with a lower movecount, that would be great, but it seems slightly out of the realm of viability to me
OLLCP, you are thinking of OLLCP. Learn how edges are manipulated and look at UF ad UR at every solve to see what EPLL you get. Then pauseless look at the AUF.

WCA
2019GALE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a 1LLL spreadsheet that I made (it is too big to preview online so you need to download it)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bfo7CTsUgzNXH4nymTvv8EtmdDj_D-Dg

It has a full 1LLL list of which approximately 2200 are algorithms people have chosen by hand before. It has 400,000+ algorithms stored in it. I am in the process of choosing my own algorithms for every LL case. It is extremely efficient. It takes me about 1 hour to find and add what I think are the best algorithms for an OLL set of 72 cases.

I have compiled a list of inverses and mirrors. I am compiling a list of all 1 to 3 htm conjugates of LL cases. There are 405 1 to 3 htm conjugates (ignoring ones which are effectively identical) and about 80,000 of these conjugates of LL cases that can be used to solve a LL case. I'll add these to the spreadsheet when I have finished.

When I have finished creating my own list of 1LLL algorithms I plan to analyse it and reduce it to as little information as possible using inverses, mirrors, conjugates and 2 1LLLs (as well as those composed of 2 1LLLs with a one move cancellation). I will then start learning it. I currently know about 150 ZBLLs/PLLs.

Let me know what you think of it and if there is anything you would like to see added to it.
oh my god 2200 algs chosen my hand