• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A Full 1LLL pdf

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
What's the point of 1LLL smh

Above all, it's sort of a proof of concept.

1-Look Last Layer is the inevitable next step above ZBLL and OLLCP. It's sort of the idea that... well.... Why not?

And if you think about it, an OLL algorithm with a PLL skip is technically a 1LLL algorithm. And... Some of them are extremely easy to recognize and execute.

Think about these two cases:
F R U' R' U' R U R' F'
F R' F' R U R U' R'

They are both very fast, and very easy to recognize. And there are more than a few easy cases like this. So... knowing some 1LLL is nice.

D

Deleted member 55877

Above all, it's sort of a proof of concept.

1-Look Last Layer is the inevitable next step above ZBLL and OLLCP. It's sort of the idea that... well.... Why not?

And if you think about it, an OLL algorithm with a PLL skip is technically a 1LLL algorithm. And... Some of them are extremely easy to recognize and execute.

Think about these two cases:
F R U' R' U' R U R' F'
F R' F' R U R U' R'

They are both very fast, and very easy to recognize. And there are more than a few easy cases like this. So... knowing some 1LLL is nice.
I agree that I think SOME 1LLL is good. But after ZBLL, focusing on ZBLS should be priority so that you can use ZBLL more

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
the second one is faster it doesn't have the regrip in the beginning
....yes but both solve different 1lll cases. That's the whole point. If you do the 2nd alg on the first case, you get a T-Perm. And for one extra move and a ***quick*** regrip, you get a solved LL.

xyzzy

ZB > 1LLL. If someone who is really good at F2L wants to improve LL and is willing to learn lots of algs, s/he should choose ZB instead. It's fewer algs and pretty much equally as fast as 1LLL.
what is this incredibly stupid take

That's like saying EPLL is better than PLL because it has fewer algs and is even faster. An apples to oranges fruit basket comparison, really.

Wow yikes I misread that, sorry. I thought you meant ZBLL rather than ZB. Point still partially stands; I think it's fair to say that LS + 1LLL has better efficiency than ZBLS + ZBLL, but a compromise approach (cherrypicking the good ZBLS cases, forcing certain 1LLL subsets) would be ideal.

Last edited: