• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

For Non-English speaking cubers: small translation work 15$

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have launched a website about the beginner's solution method and I would like to translate this into a couple of world languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Arabic, Mandarin, Russian, Dutch). I think a cuber would make a better job than a regular translator so this is the first place I'm looking for help.

I can send 15$ with PayPal for a translation which should be enough for you to buy a new cube for Christmas :)

Here is the page in English: How to solve a Rubik's Cube
This is the raw document with the content: http://how-to-solve-a-rubix-cube.com/content/

Last time when I posted a similar job somebody sent me translations made with Google Translate and obviously this is not what I'm looking for!

Please contact me here or PM for a go ahead before you start the work to make sure nobody has started translating that specific language yet.

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you are familiar with HTML coding and you could write the translation directly in the final HTML file that would be super awesome!
If this is not possible that's fine but in order to avoid language-specific special character encoding problems I would like to ask you to use this online HTML editor (htmlg.com) to compose the content. Please paste the content file specified above in the editor on the left and translate everything to your language and send me the generated source code from the right in a text document.
If this is not comfortable for you then a Word document is also fine.

peedoo72

I can translate to Korean, but I have a question. If there is a speedcubing community in for example Korea, why would we need a guide? Where did the first gen Korean cubers learn from? It had to be a Korean tutorial

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
People usually look for a quick and simple beginner's solution guide on Google, they don't have the time to join the community. On my site everything is on one page where the beginners find quickly what they're looking for.

Let's discuss the details in private.

nightcuber

WCA
2014WANG59
People usually look for a quick and simple beginner's solution guide on Google, they don't have the time to join the community. On my site everything is on one page where the beginners find quickly what they're looking for.

Let's discuss the details in private.

I PM-ed you for the french translation! :)
Also: I can do it directly on HTML since im familiar with it

Do you want me to translate the notation? For example R would be D in french for "Droite"

I already added your website on a file (on my website) so I can translate it in french easily.

Last edited:

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's great that you know HTML, that will save me much time.
Please go to this link: view-source:http://how-to-solve-a-rubix-cube.com/english-to-translate.html
Save the HTML code for you locally and you can edit the text and test the result. The styles, images, scripts are all linked from the server but these don't need to be changed, only the text.

You can translate the notations if that makes more sense in French, or you can mark them like this: R (Right): Droite.
Since this is a beginner's guide I think the full translation would make more sense. It's up to you.

nightcuber

WCA
2014WANG59
It's great that you know HTML, that will save me much time.
Please go to this link: view-source:http://how-to-solve-a-rubix-cube.com/english-to-translate.html
Save the HTML code for you locally and you can edit the text and test the result. The styles, images, scripts are all linked from the server but these don't need to be changed, only the text.

You can translate the notations if that makes more sense in French, or you can mark them like this: R (Right): Droite.
Since this is a beginner's guide I think the full translation would make more sense. It's up to you.

I already started translating the top of the page, PM me so we can discuss :)

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys I need a sleep now, I will check back tomorrow.
At the moment nightcuber is working on the French, and Sajwo is working on the Polish translation.

Animorpher13

WCA
2015ELSP01
what a cool idea! I wish I could help, but my Hebrew isn't nearly good enough. Anyway, how did you make this 'style' of website? I've seen it popping up more and more across the internet and I really like it (i'm a comp sci major). Is it more than just CSS and HTML? Everything is centered, slides into place, and give a clean cut and professional look to the site (besides a few of the pictures, but I'm sure you'll edit those in the end). Thanks in advance, and great work!