• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Did cubing improved your English language? (Non-English cubers)

Did cubing improved your English language?

• Total voters

HASH-CUBE

YouTube
Visit Channel
There are a lot cubers that don't speak english as their main language, like me, so the question is for them

Did cubing improved your English language?

it did improve my English a lot since i was not able to speak well in English, until i saw a lot video tutorials and such, and learned from that

so, yea, the question is for you now, did cubing improved your English?

Ton

WCA
2003DENN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In the Netherlands I had English lesson since I was 12 (I am now 48) , My study books in university was in English and all my documents at my work are in English. So cubing did not improve my English

But I did improve in other skills ....which are a direct results of my cubing hobby

AndyRoo789

Premium Member
I think reading a few books would improve your English more than cubing...

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It drastically improved my English. As a matter of fact cubing helped me to realize that I love languages and international people and culture! I might even switch studies soon to become an interpreter. I plan on doing English and German and learn Spanish later on. Actually I hated languages at high school because I didn't see the practical use in it..

hillary

tpfkaGDR - the place formerly known as GDR
I already spoke English very well before I got into cubing. In fact, I study translation at university and thought that picking up high speed hobbies like playing tetris and speed cubing would help me getting faster with interpreting. I got faster at cubing but I'm still slow at interpreting.