• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

First Competition - 11 year old

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am 11, and I am going to my first comp! I am not that good, and don't expect to do too great, but I am willing to have fun! My Lucky PB is 22.98 and my Non-lucky PB is 23.73, although I average somewhere around 35-40 seconds. =[ Does anybody have advice so I can easily do better in the next week? I know F2L, 2 look OLL, and 2 look PLL. Thx

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't try to learn something new right before a competition. In my experience, most of the time that just leads to mistakes and disappointing times.

I don't know why your age matters, but for someone around your times, a competition is more of a social event than a competitive one. Take a look at all the different puzzles and techniques. Walk around, meet people, and have fun. If you don't stress out about your times it can really be a blast.

bluedasher

I just finished my average of 100, 39.71. I will try to get a video of a good solve up soon.

If you do make a video just make an Ao5 video. This will give us a better idea of what, if anything, you could improve on in a weeks time. One good solve won't tell us anything.

Hope your first competition is fun!

y3k9

I won't say my age, but I'll say I'm young too. Good luck at your comp.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seeing as everyone is giving boring answers I'll be different.

Hope things go bad for you. Hope you are the slowest 11 year old. Hope there are younger kids faster than you. Hope you get nervous and screw up your solves.

I also hope that one day you will realise how stupid you sounded when you made this thread.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Hope things go bad for you. Hope you are the slowest 11 year old. Hope there are younger kids faster than you. Hope you get nervous and screw up your solves.

I also hope that one day you will realise how stupid you sounded when you made this thread.

He's ELEVEN. Give the kid a freaking break. You, however, are old enough to not be so needlessly mean.

At the OP: Don't worry about your times, just practice like you usually do and have a great time!

MrMoney

WCA
2009SULE01

Wtf dude? Seriously get off your ****ing high horse and try to act civil. Not all of us have been here forever to have posted 4000+ posts and to have read every f* discussion there ever was here. EVERY cuber goes through phases during their cubingjourney. I mean, just look at Faz´s early posts and you wiill see that even the best cubers once had to ask: WTF is f2l?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You both miss my point. Being 11 is no excuse for being dumb, but that is essentially what he uses as his excuse for asking stupid questions.

And what does being fast have to do with anything?