• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs - 4x4 avg 42.01

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
his 3x3 phase proves that he's not really good at bigcubes.

Shouldn't that say something like:
"His 3x3 phase proves that he's not really good at reduction of centers and edges on bigcubes."

Clearly, with the official world record for 4x4, it's quite difficult to argue that he is not good at bigcubes. Arguing his reduction speed, compared to world class speed, makes perfect sense though. Compare his total solve time and his 3x3 phase, as Dan said, to see how his reduction phase speed compares to world class. That's my take on it at least.

Btw Feliks, I can't believe your 3x3 phase on the 4x4, that was neat to see! Also congrats on your WR average!!

Chris

Olivér Perge

WCA
2007PERG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
his 3x3 phase proves that he's not really good at bigcubes.

Clearly, with the official world record for 4x4, it's quite difficult to argue that he is not good at bigcubes.

Chris is right, you can not say he is not really good on bigcubes because he is slower then the world class cubers on edges/centers. The goal is to solve the cube as fast as you can. No one cares about the details.

It is like saying: his LL phase proves that he's not really good at 3x3x3.

And also, his 5x5x5 results are enough proof to say that he is good at bigcubes, in my opinion.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was watching the video and I swear that his reduction average is over 25 seconds! Now I know, I seriously need to improve on my 3x3x3 stage! Congrats Feliks you really surprised me :) (and other people :D)

coinman

WCA
2005GUST02
I think it's simply more correct to say his reduction phase proves that he can become even better at big cubes, and this will be interesting to se in the future!

What do Robert-Y and other big cube top players average on reduction?

Last edited:

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's simply more correct to say his reduction phase proves that he can become even better at big cubes, and this will be interesting to se in the future!

What do Robert-Y and other big cube top players average on reduction?

For me at home: around 25 secs I think

But I think my reduction average for my ER was around 22-23 secs! (excluding the first solve...)

Last edited: