• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Favorite Non-WCA Event Puzzle?

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm using a compleatly diffrent style, I don't helicopter like that but do it all in full control, never let it leave the palm. (big hands helps, I can just barley reach at some points). When I did practice it a bit some years ago I got some sub 10 times and I'm sure I can cut 1:3 or so if I practice it for real.

monkeytherat

Favorite Non-WCA Puzzle?

Hello forum! I was just wondering what non-WCA (no event in official WCA events) twisty puzzle if your favorite, or which one(s) you would want to see an event made for? It could be a mod, a cuboid, or something else entirely (such as a gear cube).

For me, it would have to be the pyramorphix (2x2 shape mod). Yes, it's solved just like a 2x2, but the shape adds some recognition problems that add just enough spice to keep 2x2 interesting (not that it's normally boring, but solving for hours on end can change the situation).

So please, post your thoughts. I would love to hear them.

Last edited:

Czery

WCA
2010QIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The following description may or may not be true.

I'd have to say the Super Square -1.
The Super Square - 1 is very enjoyable puzzle. It consists of a simple sandwich, just without anything between the bread slices. The Super Square - 1 is an awesome puzzle because it never aligns properly! In addition, you must manually hold down the middle slice (which is actually just the non lateral parts of a cylinder) to make regular square 1 turns! This may seem boring, tedious and trivial but it's not at all because you have to hold it down every single time! Fun right? This twisty puzzle takes almost 100 times longer to solve than a regular square 1. It's so fun, I get to chip my fingernails and somehow dislocate my meta carpals while turning this puzzle!
I highly recommend this puzzle to all puzzle enthusiasts who enjoy fooling around with puzzles that are difficult to turn!